FARMERS® is interested in entrepreneurial-minded individuals who want be their own boss and run a business with unlimited earning potential. At Farmers, we give you a unique opportunity to "Build or Buy" an agency. Not to mention the award-winning University of Farmers to help train and support you and your staff. We have agency owner opportunities in your area.
Farmers Insurance offers 4 different entry points designed for candidates of all backgrounds and skillsets:
Agency Protégé Program – For individuals who would like to gain some experience before owning their own agency. Successful candidates must be able obtain insurance licenses and will work directly with an established, successful mentoring agent for 12 months. Successful candidates will have the ability to solicit and sell insurance policies and provide customer service to policyholders. Producer must meet minimum requirements set by agency.
Agency Acquisition Program - Acquire an existing book of business and start with a residual income right away. Agents are eligible for a $5,000 signing bonus, $300 a month for marketing expenses and an enhanced commission structure for up to 3 years. Financing available Liquidity Required
Retail Agency Program – New Agency Opportunity. $5,000 signing bonus, $500 a month for marketing expenses and an enhanced commission structure for the first 3 years. Similar to a franchise, this is a program that is designed for experienced business owners. Individuals with a history of sales and management experience may also be a great candidate for this program. Qualified applicants would need to provide proof of liquid assets. This program offers a significantly higher than average bonus structure to offset business expenses.
Regardless of entry point here are some benefits Farmers Agents enjoy:
● Extensive training, mentoring and support from our district office
● Highly competitive commission, renewal and bonus structure
● Build equity for retirement/ Contract Value
● Flexible hours, control of your time & no working holidays
● Group health and dental benefit plans available
● Lead generation and marketing expense reimbursement
Desired Skills and Experience
We are always on the lookout for individuals who are looking to take control of their future and if you're interested we would love to speak with you. There are a couple of things we need from you though.
● College degree preferred, but not required.
● Sales & customer service & management experience
● Excellent communication skills
● Self-motivated and goal-oriented mindset
● Strong organizational and time management skills
● Desire to be active in community
● No bankruptcies within the last 12 months
● Favorable criminal record with no felonies
● Property, Casualty, Life and Health insurance licenses (or willing to obtain)
Today, the companies comprising the Farmers Insurance Group of Companies makeup one of the country's largest insurers of vehicles, homes, and small businesses and provide a wide range of other insurance and financial services products. Farmers is proud to serve more than 10 million households with more than 20 million individual policies across all 50 states through the efforts of over 50,000 exclusive and independent agents and nearly 24,000 employees. The Farmers Exchanges are three reciprocal insurers (Farmers Insurance Exchange, Fire Insurance Exchange, and Truck Insurance Exchange) owned by their policyholders, and together with their subsidiaries and affiliates comprise the Farmers Insurance Group of Companies. Farmers Group, Inc. and its subsidiaries, in their capacity as attorneys-in-fact, provide administrative and management services to the Farmers Exchanges.