We’re looking for an effective writer and editor with a strong legal background to join our tightknit Content Team. Our team is responsible for generating the written content that appears on our law firm clients’ websites. The text not only must be informative, accurate, and accessible, but it also must be calibrated for search engine optimization (SEO) and designed to maximize conversions (prompting readers to contact the firm).
The ideal candidate will have solid writing and editing experience from a background such as journalism, online copywriting, or technical writing, for example. The candidate must also have a deep understanding of legal issues. A law degree and law license are preferred, but not mandatory. Familiarity with the legal field is required.
While working remotely, the individual who fills this position will collaborate closely with other members of the Content Team, as well as members of the Client Services teams that manage online marketing campaigns for the law firms we serve.
- Research, draft, and edit engaging static page and blog post content that is accurate, informative, and crafted to drive conversions and enhance search engine rankings.
- Assign tasks to contractors as necessary, ensuring that assignments are clear and thorough.
- Review, edit, proofread, and fact-check materials prepared by contractors, and provide contractors with constructive feedback regarding their materials.
- Revise content drafts to implement clients’ edits and address clients’ concerns.
- Regularly meet with Client Services teams to discuss content plans, deliver status updates, and provide constructive feedback on content proposals.
- Vigilantly manage the workflow of assigned tasks, and ensure that priority and urgent tasks receive expedited treatment.
- Communicate with the Content Team Lead about any challenges that arise and collaborate with the Content Team Lead to improve processes and product.
- Stay informed about the latest developments and trends in copywriting for online marketing and implement changes as necessary.
- Participate in professional development opportunities such as conferences, CLE seminars, webinars, online courses, and the annual company conference, for example.
- Ensure that ethical and local bar standards are emphasized and adhered to in all content.
- Perform other tasks as necessary.
- Proven website content writing experience (preferably a background in journalism, copywriting for websites, or other types of lively technical writing)
- Extensive experience with and knowledge of legal issues, especially those involving personal injury, family law, criminal defense, workers’ compensation, Social Security disability, employment law, and bankruptcy
- Law degree and law license preferred but not required
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Quick, efficient computer skills, and strong multi-tasking abilities
- Quality work and attention to detail
- Professional and natural communication ability
- Autonomy and strong work ethic
- Mastery of time management
- Initiative, team player, and dependable
- Ability to work under tight deadlines
- Positive attitude
- A quiet, dedicated home office environment with reliable high-speed internet access
$45,000 to $50,000
Our company is devoted to winning for clients, and our team members. You will work side by side with top talent within a company that has a fun, fast-paced culture. We listen to your ideas and use them.
We provide training and opportunities for growth, all while working from home as our team is 100% remote.
What We Offer:
- Competitive salary based on experience
- Great PTO package (and your birthday off!)
- Quarterly profit-sharing bonuses after 12 months
- 401k participation after 12 months
- Health, dental, and vision insurance benefits after 60 days
- Opportunities for career growth and advancement
- In-house training and professional development
- Our annual company conference, with training sessions, team-building activities, contests with fun prizes, outstanding meals, and highly competitive games