Steinbacher, Goodall & Yurchak
Our busy legal firm is looking for an efficient, organized legal assistant to help our attorneys and paralegals assist our clients and ensure we’re operating efficiently. You’ll assist with the preparation of legal documents, and handle all office correspondence including answering phone calls and emails, arranging meetings, and reminding the team of upcoming deadlines. If you have experience in a law firm environment, work well under pressure, and are looking for a rewarding opportunity in the legal industry, we want to connect with you.
- Handle office correspondence and administrative tasks such as responding to emails and phone calls, communicating with other professional offices, and letting the team know about upcoming deadlines
- Organize and maintain the calendars for various staff members to ensure all appointments are correctly and promptly added
- Draft and proofread legal documents and forms for accuracy and consistency, including but not limited to deeds, leases, wills, powers of attorney, trusts, and asset lists
- Perform general operational tasks including but not limited to answering the phone and forwarding messages, copying, scanning, mailings, and postage, assisting drop-in clients, filing paperwork, handling voice mail messages, etc., all according to Firm policies and procedures
- Ensure the highest level of client satisfaction by responding in a timely manner to all client calls, questions, or inquiries
- Be proactive and ensure client issues are brought to the attention of the Attorney throughout the process and all client deliverables are timely
- Some college is preferred; high school diploma or equivalent is required
- Applicants must be able to type 50 words per minute or faster
- Comfortable working with all Microsoft Office products
- Applicants must have excellent communication skills and organizational skills
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in a law firm or office environment as an administrative assistant or secretary
$14 per hour
About Steinbacher, Goodall & Yurchak
We are an elder care and special needs law firm with locations in Williamsport and State College, PA. We provide protection in times of prosperity, security in times of uncertainty, and comfort in times of crisis.
Steinbacher, Goodall & Yurchak was established in 2002 by Julieanne E. Steinbacher who, in addition to being an attorney, is also a gerontologist and social worker. The vision of the Firm is to provide our clients with an individual and unique plan to protect their assets for future generations while providing for their immediate and future needs. At Steinbacher, Goodall & Yurchak, clients are served by a team of attorneys, social workers, and legal assistants who dedicate their professional lives, day in and day out, to finding the answers to client questions. We will give our clients peace of mind that comes from knowing that they have prepared for the inevitabilities of life.