Law Offices of Elizabeth A. Douglas, PLLC
Our busy legal firm is looking for an efficient, organized legal assistant to help our attorneys and paralegals assist our clients and ensure we’re operating efficiently. You’ll assist with the preparation of legal documents, and handle all office correspondence including answering phone calls and emails, arranging meetings and travel, and reminding the team of upcoming deadlines. If you have experience in a law firm environment, work well under pressure, and are looking for a rewarding opportunity in the legal industry, we want to connect with you.
- Manage office correspondence and administrative tasks such as answering phone calls, communicating with opposing attorney offices, taking dictation, responding to emails, and reminding the team of upcoming deadlines
- Ensure client billing is processed properly using daily time records with assistance from the accounting department
- Complete legal research as needed under the supervision of attorneys and paralegals
- Arrange travel, schedule meetings and appointments for the team, such as depositions, and coordinate with outside vendors for events
- Assist with the creation of various litigation documents, including pleadings, motions, subpoenas, affidavits, contracts, and briefs for case preparation, and proofread documents a needed
- 1-2 years of prior experience in a law firm environment as a secretary or administrative assistant
- Some knowledge of legal software, case management, and docketing programs
- Comfortable working with all Microsoft Office products
- High school diploma or equivalent is required; an associate’s degree is a plus
- Able to meet demanding deadlines in a fast-paced environment
$38,000 - $45,000 yearly
About Law Offices of Elizabeth A. Douglas, PLLC
The Law Offices Of Elizabeth A. Douglas, PLLC, is not like other law firms. We are innovative in every respect. Our Firm focuses on family law. We are passionate about helping our clients through their most difficult trials when their families are at risk. If you are interested in growing professionally and personally in an environment that promotes growth in a collegial atmosphere, this may be the place for you. We value our team. We want you to succeed and to have a fantastic legal career.