Estate Planning Law Center, LLC
Our busy legal firm is looking for an efficient, organized legal assistant to help our attorneys and paralegals assist our clients and ensure we’re operating efficiently. You’ll assist with the preparation of legal documents, and handle all office correspondence including answering phone calls and emails, and reminding the team of upcoming deadlines. If you have experience in a law firm environment, work well under pressure, and are looking for a rewarding opportunity in the legal industry, we want to connect with you.
- Manage office correspondence and administrative tasks such as answering phone calls, communicating with opposing attorney offices, taking dictation, responding to emails, and reminding the team of upcoming deadlines
- Be willing to take on any other necessary administrative tasks to help the firm run smoothly
- Process client billing properly using daily time records with help from the accounting department
- Proofread and finalize outgoing correspondence
- Serve pleadings, monitor, and file with the appropriate court
- Opening new client matters -- both physical files & e-files
- Organize files and do daily filing of client and office paperwork
- Candidates should be able to type at least 50 words per minute
- Candidates should have strong organizational skills and communication skills
- Comfortable working with all Microsoft Office products
- Must be able to prioritize tasks with demanding deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment
- 1-2 years of prior experience in a law firm environment as a secretary or administrative assistant
$45,000 to $55,000
About Estate Planning Law Center, LLC
We are a small Hartford-based law firm with robust marketing plans and intend to double our revenue for 2023 and double again for 2024. We are looking for an organized person who likes to work hard, play hard, and is willing to put in the effort to make an above-average salary at an above-average firm, all while providing an excellent client experience and, of course, superior estate planning and probate services. We are looking fir only those candidates that want to expand their knowledge, broaden their horizons, and proactively participate in creating their own career path.
Don't apply if you haven't taken the the time to see if the culture and fit is right for you. This company looks for the cream of the crop.
What's in it for you?
- Great clients
- Potential for job growth and increased responsibilities
- Bonuses for meeting and exceeding target goals
- Paid vacation and sick time after 6 months
- Health Insurance
- Simple IRA with match
- Great working atmosphere
- Room for advancement