Funes Law Group
Our busy legal firm is looking for an efficient, organized legal assistant to help our attorneys and paralegals assist our clients and ensure we’re operating efficiently. You’ll assist with the preparation of legal documents, and handle all office correspondence including answering phone calls and emails, arranging meetings and travel, and reminding the team of upcoming deadlines. If you have experience in a law firm environment, work well under pressure, and are looking for a rewarding opportunity in the legal industry, we want to connect with you.
- Conduct legal research, when necessary, with guidance from attorneys and paralegals
- Undertake other duties as needed to ensure the firm operates efficiently
- Process client billing properly using daily time records with help from the accounting department
- Manage office correspondence and administrative tasks such as answering phone calls, communicating with opposing attorney offices, taking dictation, responding to emails, and reminding the team of upcoming deadlines
- Help with creating a variety of litigation documents, including pleadings, motions, subpoenas, affidavits, contracts, and briefs for case preparation, and proofread documents when necessary
- Comfortable working with all Microsoft Office products
- Associate’s degree, or some college is preferred; high school diploma or equivalent is necessary
- Organizational skills and communication skills are necessary for this position
- Must be able to type at least 50 WPM
- At least 1-2 years of previous experience in a law firm setting performing administrative tasks
$16 - $18 hourly
About Funes Law Group
We are committed to helping the immigrant community to live the life they deserve in the United States.