Derek L. Hall, PC
Do you want to help people get more?
We are a client-focused law firm that is on track for aggressive growth and we need an experienced legal assistant to join our team and work directly with the owners and attorneys to support the team and help our clients.
We want to be known for helping our clients get through their tough times and get them more for their personal injury settlement, their disability benefits or more than they would normally get in a divorce or custody battle. We are growing fast, and we need a legal assistant who can hit the ground running. Our busy legal firm is looking for an efficient, organized legal assistant to help our attorneys and paralegals assist our clients and ensure we’re operating efficiently. You’ll assist with the preparation of legal documents, and handle office correspondence including answering phone calls and emails, arranging meetings and travel, and reminding the team of upcoming deadlines. If you have experience in a law firm environment, work well under pressure, and are looking for a rewarding opportunity in the legal industry, we want to connect with you.
- We love to help people learn and grow. But we don’t have the time for that right now. We need a legal assistant with experience in personal injury and family law. The ideal candidate will be able to take initiative on work that needs to be done and complete tasks with minimal hand-holding.
- This is a full-time job where you are expected to manage a caseload, so you absolutely must be able to work in the office for 40 hours per week. There is an opportunity for bonus compensation for those who can demonstrate their profitability.
- Arrange travel, schedule meetings and appointments for the team, such as depositions, and coordinate with outside vendors for events
- Work with attorneys and paralegals to create various legal documents, including pleadings, motions, subpoenas, affidavits, contracts, and briefs for case preparation, and proofread documents when requested
- Manage office correspondence and administrative tasks such as answering phone calls, communicating with opposing attorney offices, taking dictation, responding to emails, and reminding the team of upcoming deadlines
- Accept other administrative tasks as needed to assist the team and ensure the firm runs smoothly
- Some knowledge of legal software, case management, and docketing programs
- High school diploma or equivalent is required; associate’s degree is a plus
- 1-2 years of prior experience in a law firm environment as a secretary or administrative assistant
- Organizational skills and communication skills are necessary for this position
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines with quick turnaround times
About Derek L. Hall, PC
Derek L. Hall, PC, is a Jackson, Mississippi law firm that offers a wide range of services to its clients. The firm delivers compassionate, caring, and competent legal services to all clients. The primary focus of the firm is car wrecks, disability, and domestic practice. For more information on Derek L. Hall, PC, please visit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2g9kL8a5SGY&feature=youtu.be, or our website at www.dlhattorneys.com.