Rust Belt Business Law
We are looking for an experienced legal assistant who can help the busy attorneys and paralegals at our law office assist our clients.
Our law firm is consistently ranked among the fastest-growing in the country. We develop long-term relationships with our clients, who come back to us repeatedly.
What's the cause of our success? There are a lot of little things that we do really well, but our team separates us from other law firms.
You will be responsible for supporting attorneys by drafting and proofreading documents, managing deadlines, and interacting with clients on the phone and via email. We prefer someone with experience in a law firm. You will work with attorneys in our litigation and our transactional practices. Experience in only one of those areas will NOT disqualify you.
You will also assist with preparing legal documents and contracts, and perform other tasks as needed to ensure our firm is operating efficiently.
- Work with attorneys and paralegals to create various legal documents, including pleadings, motions, subpoenas, affidavits, contracts, and briefs for case preparation, and proofread documents when requested
- Conduct legal research, when necessary, with guidance from attorneys and paralegals
- Undertake other duties as needed to ensure the firm operates efficiently
- Arrange travel, schedule meetings and appointments for the team, such as depositions, and coordinate with outside vendors for events
- Interacts with clients and other parties and builds relationships with them by phone, email, and in-person
- Manages priorities, tasks lists, and schedules for attorneys to ensure client, court, and management objectives are met
- Maintain and update case management systems, relationship management systems, document management systems, and other mission-critical systems
- Maintain calendars: schedule appointments; post tasks, action items, and deadlines; and ensure the Firm and team’s calendars are accurately maintained and organized in a logical and efficient manner
- Interacts with the courts and administrative agencies regarding hearings, motions, and other appearances, becoming the courts’ primary point of contact with the firm for all administrative and scheduling issues
- Prepares and sends legal documents and correspondence as directed by attorneys
- Prepares drafts for attorney feedback and input
- Puts documents typed initially by attorneys into final form, ready to be delivered to courts, clients, co-counsel and opposing counsel
- Ensures that the attorney has all of the relevant materials ready before the attorney has meetings or court appearances
- Closes files at the conclusion of the case
- Must be able to prioritize tasks with demanding deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in a law firm or office environment as an administrative assistant or secretary
- High school diploma or equivalent is required; associate’s degree is a plus
- Candidates should have strong organizational skills and communication skills
$37,000 - $60,000
About Rust Belt Business Law
Rust Belt Business Law was launched in 2010, and since then we have gained a great reputation in the community, with our clients, and with our referral sources. In fact, in 2020, we were ranked among the top 500 fastest-growing law firms in the country (#68 to be precise). Update: We were #41 in 2021.
We help small businesses create jobs, pursue opportunities, and improve our economy.
We rebranded our firm earlier this year and launched with this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cnDT3TU6v5o
Also, check our our Instagram account at @TeamRustBelt