Our busy legal firm is looking for an efficient, organized legal assistant to help our attorneys and paralegals assist our clients and ensure we’re operating efficiently. You’ll assist with the preparation of legal documents, and handle all office correspondence including answering phone calls and emails, arranging meetings and travel, and reminding the team of upcoming deadlines. If you have experience in a law firm environment, work well under pressure, and are looking for a rewarding opportunity in the legal industry, we want to connect with you.
- Help with creating a variety of litigation documents, including pleadings, motions, subpoenas, affidavits, contracts, and briefs for case preparation, and proofread documents when necessary
- Make travel arrangements, schedule meetings and appointments for the team, such as depositions, and coordinate with outside vendors for events
- Be willing to take on any other necessary administrative tasks to help the firm run smoothly
- Complete legal research as needed under the supervision of attorneys and paralegals
- Use daily time records to properly process client billing with support from the accounting department
- Comfortable working with all Microsoft Office products
- At least 1-2 years of previous experience in a law firm setting performing administrative tasks
- Able to meet demanding deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Must be able to type at least 50 WPM
- Experience with legal software, litigation case management, and docketing programs
- Demonstrate exceptional communication skills. Strong written communication skills: ability to write clearly and concisely to accurately draft court documents, complete paperwork, and communicate with clients and the courts etc.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, experience with a case management system a plus
- Maintain a strong work ethic
- Operate with integrity
- Ability to be flexible
- Proficient in managing a calendar
- A smiling conversationalist. Self-motivated, highly energetic, great communicator
- Adheres to deadlines. Candidate must be punctual, reliable, able to follow instructions accurately, and attentive to details
- Manage complex and difficult cases and clients in a way that reflects our firm values and culture
- Work independently, but also work alongside and collaborate with a growing dedicated team
- Prior legal experience preferred
$10 - $12 hourly
About BLB Law
BLB Law, LLC
Attorney at Law
9582 Tara Blvd.
Do you absolutely love meeting new people? Do you get personal fulfillment out of helping people solve their problems... Are you patient and kind, efficient and direct?
Can you handle sensitive subject matters with maturity and compassion? Are you ready to help people in some of their toughest situations?
We are BLB Law, a firm that specializes in Family, Criminal, and Personal Injury Law and we are looking for you!
We are in need of a passionately dedicated professional ready, willing, and able to answer the call of duty. The position involves administrative duties, client intake and customer service, and direct attorney support. The position requires great attention to detail and a pleasant disposition, as you will be the liaison between the attorneys, clients, and the courts.