Malek Ezquerro, APC
We’re seeking a sharp legal assistant for our busy law firm who can help our attorneys and paralegals assist our clients and keep the office running smoothly. You’ll work with the team to prepare a variety of legal documents, and handle office correspondence like answering emails and phone calls, scheduling meetings and travel, and reminding the team of upcoming deadlines. If you’re an excellent multitasker who thrives in a fast-paced environment, we want to hear from you!
- Take care of administrative tasks and office correspondence by answering phone calls and emails, communicating with opposing attorney offices, taking dictation, and informing the team of upcoming deadlines
- Use daily time records to properly process client billing with support from the accounting department
- Schedule meetings and appointments for the team, such as depositions, make travel arrangements, and coordinate with outside vendors for events
- Conduct legal research, when necessary, with guidance from attorneys and paralegals
- Assist with the creation of various litigation documents, including pleadings, motions, subpoenas, affidavits, contracts, and briefs for case preparation, and proofread documents a needed
- Translation and Interpretation of legal documents and declaration, completing immigration packets for removal defense and family based immigration
- Must be able to prioritize tasks with demanding deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment
- Organizational skills and communication skills are necessary for this position
- Ability to comfortably use all Microsoft Office products
- Candidates should be able to type at least 50 words per minute
- Must be proficient in Spanish and English
$20- $28 hourly
About Malek Ezquerro, APC
We are a high volume Immigration and Criminal Defense law firm. The firm was launched in August 2020 with 2 lawyers.