Van Wey, Presby & Williams
Are your organization and archiving skills something to be admired? We are seeking a detail-oriented legal records manager who can retrieve files for our attorneys and staff quickly and efficiently, and keep accurate records of the location of the files and their contents. Our ideal candidate will adhere to our retention policy regarding the proper handling of paper and electronic records and manage our expansive database of documents. We will rely on you to keep our files organized and accessible. If this sounds like an opportunity you would like to pursue, please contact us today.
- Inspect files to confirm whether documents should be retained, stored, or destroyed
- Comply with current document retention policy and make sure proper documents are retained or destroyed
- Review files and their contents to confirm the best location and enter information into the database
- Manage the filing system and database of documents
- Ensure confidentiality of documents is maintained and track chain of custody
- Some college helpful, especially in the area of information technology, human resources, or library science - Bachelor’s degree is a plus
- Previous experience working in the legal industry as a records manager is needed - experience as a legal assistant, paralegal, or project manager is beneficial
- Successful completion of high school or equivalent
- Must be comfortable using various computer programs and updating our database
- A Records and Information Certification or Certified Records Manager designation is a huge bonus, but not required
- At least three years of experience with medical records in a medical and/or legal setting required
About Van Wey, Presby & Williams
We are a fast-paced, highly accomplished, and team-oriented Personal Injury Law Firm committed to exceptional work and client satisfaction!