Stewart Law Group
- Management functions - Strategic leadership, advisory, and guidance of the legal team comprised of legal assistants, paralegals and attorneys. Your job duties will include training, staying on top of state and federal rule changes, staying on top of client guidelines and ensure compliance, onboarding and offboarding employees, assistance with case budgets; and
- Efficiencies - Create and document procedures and policies as well as ensure compliance; Create and keep updated templates for the legal team’s use; Continued staff alignment by assigning new matters and transferring matters based on business and personnel requirements.
- Conflicts checks
- Engagement letters
- Maintain the Master Vendors list and ensure compliance of hiring approved vendors
- Maintain the Master Experts list and ensure compliance of hiring approved experts
- Staff Management
- Make sure the trial calendar is reviewed, updated, and correct at all times
- Make sure the Active Case List and Practice Management System are reviewed, updated, and correct at all times
- Stay on top of state and federal rule changes
- Stay on top of client guidelines and ensure compliance
- Create and document procedures and policies as well as ensure compliance
- Create and keep updated templates for the legal team's use
As the Legal Director, we are looking for a strong leader who is professional, confident, and comfortable managing teams and organizations towards shared goals and strategies. You must employ critical thinking to make decisions that benefit the firm and its targets.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field (MBA or JD Preferred)
- Leadership skills
- Analytical skills
- Time management skills
- Problem-solving skills
- Decision-making abilities
- Communication skills
- 10+ years Law firm experience (Preferably both as a secretary, paralegal, lawyer, and in a leadership role)
- Experience and knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, including Sharepoint, Excel, and Teams
- Experience and knowledge with using Canva
- Knowledge and experience with virtual meeting platforms, I.e. Zoom, Teams, Skype
About Stewart Law Group
Stewart Law Group was founded in 2017 and is already the largest minority and woman-owned firm in the Dallas Fort Worth area that handles commercial, product liability, insurance, employment, and labor disputes.
The firm continues to grow, despite the pandemic, and is currently looking for a mid-level associate who is a team player, inquisitive, aggressive, with a strong work ethic. Further, the firm holds strong principles related to equality and differentiates itself from other firms with its uplifting and unique competitive culture. Based on the firm’s founding partner’s background as a former collegiate student-athlete and coach, the firm believes in the team concept and invests time and resources in the development of its associates.