Kaufman Law, PC
Legal Case Intake Specialist - Remote position in Atlanta, GA
Candidates must be located in the Greater Atlanta Area in order to be considered
Kaufman Law, P.C. is seeking an outgoing and results-driven individual who is passionate about sales to fulfill our position for a Case Intake Specialist to join our outstanding Intake Department. This person will serve as the face and voice of the firm to all potential clients and initial inquiries.
The Case Intake Specialist is responsible for speaking with potential clients and recording information promptly and accurately. This position also provides service to clients through medical treatment setup and claims reporting. The role of a Case Intake Specialist requires constant conversations, with both clients and co-workers, to keep communication lines clear and strong.
The working hours for this position are: Monday-Friday 8 am-5 pm, with after-hours requirements on a shared, rotating schedule. After-hours require availability after 5 pm on weekdays until 9 pm, 8 am-9 pm on weekends, and some holidays.
This position is currently remote in Atlanta, GA with possibilities of transitioning to an office environment at a later date. Out-of-state applicants will not be considered.
All candidates must be willing and comfortable with participating in intake training which may require commuting to a physical location during the training process.
Overall Role and Responsibility
- Required to speak with potential clients via phone, Live Chat, email, and in-person when required
- Screen all potential client calls during and after operating business hours, perform case evaluation, and make an informed decision based upon provided case facts and firm criteria
- Answer all potential client questions to the best of your ability and explain the process for their case that pertains to them
- Interview each potential client that meets the firm’s criteria for case acceptance; execute the signing of all legal documents with potential clients and thoroughly explain the meaning of anything concerning the content of the documents
- Input all data into case management software (Salesforce/Litify) and construct physical client file for the corresponding attorney/paralegal team
- Work cross-departmentally with legal assistants, paralegals, attorneys, and administration to effectively setup and execute client files throughout the case process
- Perform all necessary basic investigation (using provided firm software), call and gather all necessary information from all involved insurance companies/parties, and send all necessary correspondence
- Diligently assist all new clients in the process of setting up medical treatment, while ensuring that all clients receive proper and necessary accommodations
- Maintain and create new referral relationships with other attorneys, firms, and medical providers
- Debrief the assigned paralegal/attorney team on new client files signed
- Thoroughly communicate all information received at the intake level with firm members to ensure all case documents and correspondence is included in all client files, past or present
Preferred Talents and Skills:
- Previous experience in customer service, or a background in sales, marketing or similar
- Diligent in handling a workload with multiple deadlines and other sensitive requirements
- Ability to perform successfully in a high-volume environment
- Deadline driven
- Systematically organized
- Detail disciplined
- Precise and professional communication
- Empathetic listener
- Legal industry knowledge (Encouraged, but not required)
- Proficient in cloud-based programs, specifically: Office 365 (Outlook, Teams, Word, Excel, Sharepoint), DocuSign, Litify, Live Chat/IM, VoIP Phone/Communication Systems
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree is required
- Technologically savvy
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Teamwork focused with the ability to communicate cross-departmentally as necessary
- Appreciation for diverse cultures and communities
- Must maintain strict confidence regarding client matters
- Ability to maintain a high level of professionalism
- Ability to work flexible hours
- Availability to take potential client phone calls on a rotating schedule after-hours until 9:00 pm (including weekends and some holidays)
$42,000 - $45,000 Yearly
About Kaufman Law, PC
About Working at Kaufman Law, P.C.
Our workspaces are primarily digital with our office very tech-forward and innovatively constructed.
About Kaufman Law, P.C.
For more than 40 years, Kaufman Law, P.C. has protected the rights of individuals injured in car and truck wrecks, slip and fall accidents, construction accidents, workers' compensation, and even catastrophic injuries. Using our extensive personal injury experience, we make this process as painless as possible by providing free consultations, around-the-clock availability, home, and hospital visits, and bilingual legal services.
Kaufman Law, P.C. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate because of age, race, sex, religion, national origin, marital status, sexual orientation, or mental or physical disability.