De Ford Law Firm
Our law firm is seeking a sharp individual to join our accounting department as a billing specialist. You will have the opportunity to work with billing attorneys and their assistants to revise, process, and issue accurate monthly billing. Consistent follow-up is required in this role, so prior experience in accounts receivable is a valuable asset. If you have at least 2 years of billing experience, enjoy crunching numbers, and thrive in a fast-paced work environment, reach out to us today!
- Reviews case management or time billing system daily through quality review and editing.
- Generates pre-bills bi-weekly/monthly and provides them to the Controller/Administrator/Owner for review and approval.
- Prepares or generates final invoices/statements and sends them to clients in accordance with the Firm’s policies and procedures for timekeeping, billing, and expense tracking.
- Processes payments in accordance with the Firm’s policies and schedules for accepting payments.
- Manages the retainer/trust accounts, auto-replenishment, and installment payments.
- Monitors timeliness of payments and contacts clients whose payments are not timely received.
- Oversees A/R collections, client communication and case withdrawal process.
- Works with clients to address questions and concerns related to billing and payment and provides customer service to resolve issues and save relationships.
- Works with the client, Merchant Service Provider, and credit card company to resolve disputes and requests for “charge back” or refund. Issues refunds with the express approval of the Owner.
- Minimum of two years working as a billing specialist in a law firm environment
- A high school diploma or equivalent is needed; some college is an asset
- Ability to handle multiple projects at a time and meet deadlines
- Computer proficiency with MS Office, Excel, and billing software programs is essential
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and organizational skills are required
$53,500 - $57,000 yearly
About De Ford Law Firm
Our growing, busy family law firm is known for helping our clients come through a difficult and emotional process and into a new beginning for themselves and their families, so we're looking for candidates who go beyond standard legal strategy and litigation to demonstrate extraordinary compassion and care for every client.
Why join the De Ford Law Firm? Like many opportunities out there, our pay and benefits are competitive. Unlike most firms, we are open to remote and/or hybrid work for the right candidate. We provide incredible career path opportunities that recognize a team member's long-term professional goals and unique gifts. This may include development, experiences, and leadership with marketing, purposeful networking, specialized certifications...and more. If you're looking for an employer invested in your own professional growth, we're a great fit.