Atticus Family Law, S. C.
Our law firm is seeking a sharp individual to join our accounting department as a billing specialist. You will have the opportunity to work with billing attorneys and their assistants to revise, process, and issue accurate monthly billing. Consistent follow up is required in this role, so prior experience in accounts receivable is a valuable asset. If you have at least 2 years of billing experience, enjoy crunching numbers, and thrive in a fast-paced work environment, reach out to us today!
- Run accounts receivable reports to keep track of past due accounts and follow up on payment
- Process incoming payments to appropriate accounts and keep precise financial records
- Make sure any billing inquiries are resolved by working with the client’s accounting department
- Prepare requested revisions from billing attorneys and run final bills for distribution
- Issue invoices to billing attorneys for initial review on a monthly basis
- CASE FUNDING: To recognize the receipt and timeliness of initial retainer deposits, facilitate the application for and collection of retainer deposits funded by iQualify, coordinate the refund of unearned retainer funds, and research and resolve client payment discrepancies.
- BILLING: To facilitate the compilation and sending of billing to clients.
- ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE: To execute the firm’s policies of collecting accounts receivables and supplemental retainer deposits.
- ACCOUNTS PAYABLE: Process accounts payable invoices and requests within the firm’s AP approval system; Prepare checks for payments of invoices, employee reimbursements, and disbursement of IOLTA funds.
- FIRM ACCOUNTING: Assists vendors with the preparation of bookkeeping as well as state and federal filings.
- BUDGET PLANNING: Work with management to establish annual budgets.
- VENDOR LIAISONS: Provide vendor assistance in administering employee compensation services and benefit programs; establish and maintain effective communications and professional relations with bookkeeping, payroll, retirement plan, accounting, and insurance vendors.
- REPORTING: Takes a leading role in the preparation of periodic financial reports and analyses including monthly financial dashboard compilation.
- FISCAL RESPONSIBILITY: Develops and implements procedures and systems to maintain organized files of all financial records and prevent financial losses.
- PROJECTS & ADMINISTRATIVE SUPPORT: To carry out projects as they are assigned.
- Superb written and verbal communication skills and organizational skills are necessary for this position
- A high school diploma or equivalent is needed; some college is an asset
- Advanced computer proficiency, especially with MS Office, Excel, and billing software programs
- Minimum of two years working as a billing specialist in a law firm environment
- Able to produce a high quality work product while handling multiple projects
$15.34 - $26.17 hourly
About Atticus Family Law, S. C.
WHO WE ARE:
For family law clients who believe they deserve a fair outcome, Atticus Family Law, S. C. helps them make sure their outcome is not a hammock of misery but rather a springboard to a bright future. The design of AFL is that of a metaphorical law firm pizza – our clear vision and standards, well-chosen personnel, and quality clients are the crust, sauce, and cheese, respectfully. While pizzerias focus on toppings, AFL recognizes that without having proven crust, delicious sauce, and fresh cheese that any innovative law firm features, being the toppings, will not make the excellent pizza that leads to bright futures.
The legal staff of 3 paralegals, 3 attorneys, and a 3rd-year law student are led by the Owner and a Firm Director and supported by finance, sales, and office administrators