Jones Law Firm PC
Legal Billing and Collections Specialist
Jones Law Firm is seeking an experienced and professional candidate for their Billing and Collections Specialist position. We offer a close-knit family-oriented team environment where every employee matters. We care about your goals personally and professionally. This is your opportunity to switch to a nourishing work environment where you feel welcomed every day.
The Billing and Collections Specialist will be responsible for all processes and systems related to timekeeping, legal billing, retainer replenishment, accepting payments, and collections of accounts receivables. The ideal candidate will be reliable, organized, and have a strong work ethic.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Review case management and time/billing system daily.
- Generate and edit pre-bills bi-weekly/monthly.
- Prepare and generate final invoices and send them to clients in accordance with the Firm’s policies and procedures for timekeeping, billing, and expense tracking.
- Process payments in accordance with the Firm’s policies and schedules for accepting payments.
- Manage the retainer/trust accounts, auto-replenishment, and installment payments.
- Oversee A/R collections and case withdrawal process.
- Work with clients to address questions and concerns related to billing and payment and provides customer service to resolve issues and save relationships.
- Work with the client and Firm Administrator to issue refunds.
- An associate degree is required.
- The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate a high attention to detail, proper grammar, proofreading skills, critical thinking, and business writing.
- Must have a least two-year’s experience as an assistant in a professional service business, preferably in a law firm, and be comfortable with various types of accounting software.
$20 - $25 hourly
About Jones Law Firm PC
WORK ENVIRONMENT - Our office environment is hybrid/remote, congenial, drama-free, and work-life balance oriented and we are growing rapidly. Switch to a nourishing work environment where you feel welcomed everyday. Come join an exciting team at an exciting time.
Benefits will include medical, dental, 401k, paid time off, and paid parental leave.