- Are you seeking a career with infinite potential?
- Do you crave constant, daily challenges that stretch you?
- Are you motivated to continually improve?
- Are you naturally curious, and do you ask ‘why’ questions?
- Do you enjoy critical thinking and problem-solving?
- Are you particular about details and doing a job right the first time?
- Is making a long-term impact important to you?
- Do you take pride in the work that is tied to your name?
- Do you thrive on compiling and organizing significant amounts of research?
- Are you excited about the possibility of contributing hours of work to a roadmap for the rest of the team?
- Do you want to be a part of revolutionizing the legal services industry?
- Do you want to be in the legal services industry without going to law school?
If you answered yes to each of these questions and want to be part of something bigger than yourself, you belong at McCullough Law.
Applicants must be available to work full-time Monday – Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Only applicants with this availability should apply. No temporary summer positions are available.
Legal Assistant Researchers have the opportunity to secure each client’s legacy by:
- Documenting, organizing, and analyzing estate details to ensure all assets are captured to meet the client's wishes and the attorney’s recommendations
- Researching and extracting key information from legal documents, state and county records, and other outside sources for the retitling of assets to be reflected accurately on internal documents
- Collaborating and problem-solving with team members to ensure quality work is done to secure individual client legacies
- Asking big picture questions to ensure a proper outline of all estate planning documents are reflected correctly on all documents
- Drafting emails to gather the full picture of the estate and to confirm asset information with the client
- Interpreting internal notes to reflect clients’ wishes on internal documents
This position requires an individual who enjoys understanding and piecing together essential parts of the project. This individual ensures that tasks are completed, adapts to individual client needs, and balances client wishes with best recommendations. The incumbent must possess integrity, humility, and perseverance. A successful Legal Assistant Researcher at McCullough Law is curious, versatile, accountable, and proactive. As this position will require exactness, it is critical that applicants possess attention to detail, high standards of excellence, and keen observation.
- Pay range is $16-$24 per hour DOE
- Paid time off and paid holidays
- Benefits include health, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) matching, and gym membership reimbursement
- Review prior estate planning documents to gather all necessary asset information
- Think critically to interpret internal notes and ensure all goals and objectives of the client’s plan and attorney’s recommendations are reflected correctly on all documents
- Spend hours researching any given project to ensure all information is captured perfectly
- Research client information and reference old client files to capture all information for document preparation
- Effectively communicate comprehensive research data clearly and concisely to team members
- Manage multiple, multi-faceted tasks of high urgency
- Commit to hours required to meet all deadlines and produce results at the highest standard
- Categorize and enter data accurately
- Provide excellent communication with third parties by phone, and email to ensure accurate interpretation of data is achieved
- Draft professional emails
- Contribute to process and document improvement
- 2 years of professional business, legal, or research experience required
- Ability to see the big picture in the purpose and impact of the work you do
- Flawless attention to detail and organization skills
- Proactive problem solver with natural curiosity and willingness to ask question
- Excellent critical thinking and analytical skills
- Excellent time management and prioritization skills to meet deadlines on multiple projects at a time
- Loves to research and dig for information until proof or answers are found
- Deciphering important information from lengthy documents
- Collaborative team player who owns their contributions to the team
- Exceptional written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, and Outlook
- Positive attitude with a willingness to learn and assist where needed
$16 - $24 hourly DOE
About McCullough Law
At McCullough Law, we believe that our people and firm have infinite potential. As a team, we create and foster a culture where each employee can discover, contribute, and maximize their potential for overall happiness, satisfaction, and success as individuals, families, and communities. Our culture is based on and around the importance of relationships, continual improvement, and extending our expertise and services to clients and companies for generations.
As a member of the McCullough Law team, you will have the opportunity to work with team members and clients of the highest caliber. Our team members support one another in a unified cause of securing legacies. We offer an exceptional work culture that is focused on personal and professional development, high standards, and team success. Our firm is currently experiencing exponential growth. As such, there is great potential for advancement opportunities and long-term careers.