Like Law Group
At Like Law Group LLC, we help our clients plan for and protect the two most important things in their lives: the people they love and the assets they have. We work with individuals, families, and businesses to form strong partnerships to effectively represent them and their unique needs and provide them peace of mind. We focus our practice in the areas of estate planning, charitable planning, elder law, Medicaid planning, probate and trust administrations, business formation, business planning and contracts, and real estate matters. We are seeking a legal assistant/paralegal to add to our growing practice.
Health insurance is not offered.
Our ideal candidate has extreme attention to detail, excellent customer service skills, and a willingness to work as a team player.
Duties include but are not limited to:
- Gathering information for estate planning or estate administration such as asset information, client details, date of death values, and other information from various sources including banks, investment firms, financial advisors, and insurance companies.
- Managing administrative tasks and office correspondence by answering phone calls and emails, and communicating with advisors and other team members.
- Schedule meetings and appointments for the team.
- Preparing beneficiary claim forms
- Preparing deeds
- Drafting estate planning documents such as wills, trusts, powers of attorney, and medical directives.
- Preparing documents in final for review and signings.
- Meeting with clients to execute documents.
- Drafting court probate pleadings.
- Managing and assembling client documents for final presentation.
- Ensuring that probate and trust administration proceeds smoothly, and deadlines are met.
- Assisting Attorneys and other staff as needed.
- Must be able to prioritize tasks with demanding deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable working with all Microsoft Office products
- 2+ years experience in a professional services office preferred.
- Associate degree or higher is required; appropriate experience may be a substitute.
- Basic understanding and ability to use Excel
- Experience with Microsoft Publisher is a bonus.
- Ability to communicate with people on the phone and in person in a clear and friendly manner.
- Ability and willingness to learn new software products.
$36,000 - $43,000 yearly
About Like Law Group
We believe estate planning is more than just wills or trusts: it is an act of love taken by those who care deeply about their families and desire to leave a legacy for them. Our mission is to help our clients plan for and protect the two most important things in their lives: the people they love and the assets they have. In doing so, we provide top-quality estate planning, elder law, business planning, and related services delivered with personalized care.