Steinbacher, Goodall & Yurchak
Our Williamsport team is growing! We are looking for a paralegal / legal assistant that will perform a variety of tasks to assist our clients while also delivering high-quality services to staff members. This role will regularly interact with clients, financial advisors, and other professionals, while ensuring that files are organized and ready for appointments.
A prior legal background is not required. All new employees receive on-the-job training.
The hours for this position are 8:30 to 5:00 with an hour lunch. Steinbacher, Goodall & Yurchak provides the following benefits: paid time off, paid holidays, birthday off, paid bereavement leave, paid jury duty, Insurance: Health, Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life, retirement plan, gym membership, and tuition assistance.
- Assist clients or potential clients with scheduling appointments or initial consultations, while providing great customer service.
- Organize and maintain the calendars for various staff members to ensure all appointments are correctly and promptly added.
- Prepare and proofread correspondence.
- Telephone calls with new clients to gather information prior to their appointment with our office.
- Organize, maintain and search for hard copies and electronic files as requested.
- Answer phone calls, direct callers to appropriate staff member and/or e-mail appropriate staff member a message related to the call.
- Record documents at counties’ courthouses as well as at the Department of State, and IRS, as needed.
- Attend appointments with the attorneys and interact with clients and referral sources serving as witness and/or notary during signing appointments.
- Perform general operational tasks like copying, scanning, mailings, and postage, assisting drop-in clients, filing paperwork, handling voice mail messages, etc.
- Work to make client satisfaction a top priority, finding quick resolutions to client complaints and concerns.
- Associate’s degree, or some college is preferred; high school diploma or equivalent is necessary
- Ability to comfortably use Microsoft Office products (especially Word and Outlook)
- Must be able to type at least 50 WPM
- Proven ability to handle high-volume workloads
- Professional written, telephone, and interpersonal skills
- Maintain punctuality with all tasks and responsibilities
$17 - $19 hourly
About Steinbacher, Goodall & Yurchak
At Steinbacher, Goodall & Yurchak, our commitment to a solutions-oriented work environment is realized through teams that are bound by mutual respect and accountability and who strive for continuous learning and growth.
Does that sound like an environment you would like to work in? Are you a team player who is eager to learn, solutions-oriented, and reliable? If so, we may have a place for you on our team!
We have offices in Williamsport, State College, Wyalusing, and Wysox, PA. We also have opportunities for virtual positions!
Our employee benefits include: Paid time off, Holiday Pay, Jury Pay, Birthday Off, Bereavement Leave, Health, Dental, Vision, Disability, and Life Insurance, Retirement Plan, Gym Membership, and Tuition Assistance.