Law Offices of Elizabeth A. Douglas, PLLC
We’re seeking a sharp legal assistant for our busy law firm who can help our attorneys and paralegals assist clients and keep the office running smoothly. You’ll work with the team to prepare a variety of legal documents, and handle office correspondence like answering emails and phone calls, scheduling meetings and travel, and reminding the team of upcoming deadlines. If you’re an excellent multitasker who thrives in a fast-paced environment, we want to hear from you!
- Manage office correspondence and administrative tasks such as answering phone calls, communicating with opposing attorney offices, responding to emails, and reminding the team of upcoming deadlines
- Ensure client billing is processed properly using daily time records
- Arrange travel, schedule meetings and appointments for the team, such as depositions, and coordinate with outside vendors for events
- Assist with the creation of various litigation documents, including pleadings, motions, subpoenas, affidavits, contracts, and briefs for case preparation, and proofread documents a needed
- Undertake other duties as needed to ensure the firm operates efficiently
- 1-2 years of prior experience in a law firm environment as a secretary or administrative assistant
- Some knowledge of legal software, case management, and docketing programs
- Comfortable working with all Microsoft Office products
- A college diploma or equivalent is required
- Able to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
$47,000 yearly+signing bonus
About Law Offices of Elizabeth A. Douglas, PLLC
The Law Offices Of Elizabeth A. Douglas, PLLC, is not like other law firms. We are innovative in every respect. Our firm focuses on family law. We are passionate about helping those we serve in their most difficult trials when their families are at risk. If you are interested in growing professionally and personally in an environment that promotes growth in a collegial atmosphere, this may be the place for you. We value our staff members. We want you to succeed and to have a fantastic legal career.
Why Join Us?
- Competitive salary
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Wellness benefits
- PTO, accumulation beginning after 90 days
- Paid holidays
- Potential for advancement and professional development is available
- The impact to change the way that people divorce and co-parent after separations