Scrofano Law PC
We’re seeking a sharp legal assistant for our small but busy law firm who can help our attorneys assist clients and keep the office running smoothly. You’ll work with the team to prepare a variety of legal documents, and handle office correspondence like answering emails and phone calls, calendaring, and filings. If you’re an excellent multitasker who thrives in a fast-paced environment, please submit a resume and cover letter in PDF format!
- Take care of administrative tasks and office correspondence by answering phone calls and emails, communicating with opposing attorney offices, taking dictation, and informing the team of upcoming deadlines
- Assist with the creation of various litigation documents, including pleadings, motions, subpoenas, affidavits, contracts, and briefs for case preparation, and proofread documents a needed
- Ensure client billing is processed properly using daily time records with assistance from the accounting department
- Be willing to take on any other necessary administrative tasks to help the firm run smoothly
- Some knowledge of legal software, case management, and docketing programs
- High school diploma or equivalent is required; associate’s degree is a plus
- Must be able to prioritize tasks with demanding deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment
- Applicants must have excellent communication skills and organizational skills
About Scrofano Law PC
At Scrofano Law PC, we fight relentlessly on behalf of anyone in trouble who cares about their future. We represent individuals under investigation or charged with a crime in the District of Columbia, Northern Virginia, and Southern Maryland. We are a boutique firm with four experienced attorneys who pride themselves on giving clients the highest quality legal services combined with the highest quality customer service experience.