Pugh & Pugh Attorneys at Law, P.A.
Our busy legal firm is looking for an efficient, organized legal assistant to help our attorneys and paralegals assist our clients and ensure we’re operating efficiently. You’ll assist with the preparation of legal documents, and handle all office correspondence including answering phone calls and emails, arranging meetings and travel, and reminding the team of upcoming deadlines. If you have experience in a law firm environment, work well under pressure, and are looking for a rewarding opportunity in the legal industry, we want to connect with you.
- Be willing to take on any other necessary administrative tasks to help the firm run smoothly
- Perform legal research, as needed, with help from attorneys and paralegals
- Help with creating a variety of litigation documents, including pleadings, motions, subpoenas, affidavits, contracts, and briefs for case preparation, and proofread documents when necessary
- Ensure client billing is processed properly using daily time records with assistance from the accounting department
- Arrange travel, schedule meetings and appointments for the team, such as depositions, and coordinate with outside vendors for events
- Proficient with MS Office products
- Able to meet demanding deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Some college is preferred; high school diploma or equivalent is required
- Candidates must have worked with legal software, case management, and docketing programs
- At least 1-2 years of previous experience in a law firm setting performing administrative tasks
$12 - $18 hourly
About Pugh & Pugh Attorneys at Law, P.A.
The Pugh law firm had its origin in 1946 when R.M. Pugh, a Marine officer returning from WWII sought a place to practice law. From a law book salesman he learned of a law office for sale in Wamego, KS.
In 1975 Edward W. Pugh (Ed), born in Wamego, Kansas in 1949, returned to Wamego with his wife and a new law degree, both obtained at the University of Kansas. He joined his father in the practice of law under the new name of Pugh & Pugh Attorneys.
Then Jacob Pugh, (Jake) a 2002 undergraduate of the University of Kansas and a 2006 graduate of Washburn University Law School joined the firm in 2006. The firm name continued as Pugh & Pugh under the theory that three “Pughs” in the name might be redundant and there have never been more than two practicing at one time. In 2013 the firm was incorporated and became Pugh & Pugh Attorneys at Law, P.A. 75 years later the firm continues to serve generations of clients in the area with a focus on personal service.