Clarke Law Pllc
Seeking a Director of First Impressions - Office and Legal Assistant
If these statements appeal to you, then you may be our next hire!
- You are organized with an ability to quickly learn and apply new concepts
- You are empathetic but able to maintain a cool head and perspective
- You maintain your composure when under pressure
- You like to work as a member of the team
- Your middle name is “No Drama”
- You are an awesome juggler of tasks and can change gears quickly
- You have strong customer service skills and an ability to build relationships
We are an entrepreneurial-minded family law firm that is on track for aggressive growth and we need a Director of First Impressions/Office Legal Assistant to join our team and be a total superstar – working directly with the owner to support the team and help our clients.
This position is responsible for important work:
- Provide administrative support to lawyers and enhance office effectiveness
- Handle communication with clients, witnesses, etc.
- Administratively support and attend trials
- Prepare case memos and summarize depositions, interrogatories, and testimony
- Locate and develop client relevant information
- Maintain accurate financial records for incoming payments on accounts
- Assess accounts receivable reports for past due balances owed and follow up with clients on when payments will be made
- Amend invoices with guidance from billing attorneys and finalize for distribution
- Issue invoices to billing attorneys for initial review on a bi-weekly basis
- Type up and file basic legal documents and correspondence
- Answer and direct phone calls
- Maintain contact lists
- Monitor deadlines and attorney calendars
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and organizational skills are required in this role
- Proven working experience as a legal assistant or legal secretary
- Familiarity with law, legal procedures and protocols, and court system
- Satisfactory knowledge of day-to-day operations of a legal office
- Advanced computer proficiency, especially with MS Office, Excel, and legal practice management software and billing programs
- Two years of experience working in a billing specialist position
- Knowledge of Clio software is preferred
- Excellent secretarial and organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure and produce a high-quality product while handling multiple activities
- Legal Assistant certification or diploma preferred
$21 - $23 hourly
About Clarke Law Pllc
We are known for helping our clients successfully traverse extremely emotional events in their lives. With our support and legal representation, our clients are left in a better position, feeling as though they are better people, and knowing that they had a team behind them that really cared and fought for them.
Client referral is 80% of our business, we excel at what we do. Having a sharp team enables us to help more people and reunite more families.
We are, and will always be, the sword and shield for parents who love their children.