VM Gokea Law Group PLLC
We’re seeking a sharp legal assistant for our busy law firm who can help our attorneys and paralegals assist our clients and keep the office running smoothly. You’ll work with the team to prepare a variety of legal documents, and handle office correspondence like answering emails and phone calls, scheduling meetings and travel, and reminding the team of upcoming deadlines. If you’re an excellent multitasker who thrives in a fast-paced environment, we want to hear from you!
- Work with attorneys and paralegals to create various legal documents, including pleadings, motions, subpoenas, affidavits, contracts, and briefs for case preparation, and proofread documents when requested
- Schedule meetings and appointments for the team, such as depositions, make travel arrangements, and coordinate with outside vendors for events
- Use daily time records to properly process client billing with support from the accounting department
- Be willing to take on any other necessary administrative tasks to help the firm run smoothly
- Conduct legal research, when necessary, with guidance from attorneys and paralegals
- Some knowledge of legal software, case management, and docketing programs
- 1-2 years of prior experience in a law firm environment as a secretary or administrative assistant
- Proficient with MS Office products
- Some college is preferred; high school diploma or equivalent is required
- Applicants must have excellent communication skills and organizational skills
About VM Gokea Law Group PLLC
VM Gokea - The Inheritance Lawyer is a fast growing law firm with offices in Manhattan and Southampton, NY, helping families protect their kids and their assets before it's too late. We create Wills, Trusts, we represent families in Elder Law matters and Probate when a loved one passes away.
Our law firm functions based on policies and procedures with clear parameters for each position and many opportunities for growth. We are looking for team members who work well in a collegial, fast paced environment ready to learn and grow with our firm.