South Lyon Michigan Law Office
Our busy legal firm is looking for an efficient, organized legal assistant to help our attorneys and paralegals assist our clients and ensure we’re operating efficiently. You’ll assist with the preparation of legal documents, and handle all office correspondence including answering phone calls and emails, arranging meetings and travel, and reminding the team of upcoming deadlines. If you have experience in a law firm environment, work well under pressure, and are looking for a rewarding opportunity in the legal industry, we want to connect with you.
- Assist with the creation of various litigation documents, including pleadings, motions, subpoenas, affidavits, contracts, and briefs for case preparation, and proofread documents a needed
- Make travel arrangements, schedule meetings and appointments for the team, such as depositions, and coordinate with outside vendors for events
- Take care of administrative tasks and office correspondence by answering phone calls and emails, communicating with opposing attorney offices, taking dictation, and informing the team of upcoming deadlines
- Be willing to take on any other necessary administrative tasks to help the firm run smoothly
- Ensure client billing is processed properly using daily time records with assistance from the accounting department
- Applicants must be able to type 50 words per minute or faster
- Some knowledge of legal software, case management, and docketing programs
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in a law firm or office environment as an administrative assistant or secretary
- Ability to comfortably use all Microsoft Office products
- Organizational skills and communication skills are necessary for this position
$15 - $20 hourly
About South Lyon Michigan Law Office
We are a small but fast-growing law firm in downtown South Lyon with a really great team culture! We love to serve our wonderful clients by meeting their estate planning and probate needs with care and compassion. We don't represent just anyone who comes through the door, and we don't add just anyone to our team. We are looking for clients and team members who will be the right fit for the long term!