The Law Office of Terri Herron
We’re seeking a sharp legal assistant for our busy law firm who can help our attorneys and paralegals assist our clients and keep the office running smoothly. You’ll work with the team to prepare a variety of legal documents, and handle office correspondence like answering emails and phone calls, scheduling meetings and travel, and reminding the team of upcoming deadlines. If you’re an excellent multitasker who thrives in a fast-paced environment, we want to hear from you!
- Handle office correspondence and administrative tasks such as responding to emails and phone calls, communicating with opposing attorney offices, taking dictation, and letting the team know about upcoming deadlines
- Be willing to take on any other necessary administrative tasks to help the firm run smoothly
- Use daily time records to properly process client billing with support from the accounting department
- Conduct legal research, when necessary, with guidance from attorneys and paralegals
- Help with creating a variety of litigation documents, including pleadings, motions, subpoenas, affidavits, contracts, and briefs for case preparation, and proofread documents when necessary
- Candidates should be able to type at least 50 words per minute
- Associate’s degree, or some college is preferred; high school diploma or equivalent is necessary
- Organizational skills and communication skills are necessary for this position
- Some knowledge of legal software, case management, and docketing programs
- Must be able to prioritize tasks with demanding deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment
About The Law Office of Terri Herron
We're a Family Law Firm serving Atlanta and the surrounding areas.