Sherri M. Stinson, P.A.
Our estate planning firm helps people take care of their affairs so that their families don’t have a mess to clean up when they leave this world. We take pride in treating clients like family and helping them preserve family harmony. Do you want to be part of creating this value for our clients? Our culture rewards honesty, commitment to clients, and creating value. We have a passion for helping people plan for the unexpected so that their lives and families are not left in chaos when the unexpected happens.
Imagine going to work every day knowing that you are making a positive difference for families in our community. You will be helping people make some of the most important decisions of their life and you will be on the ground floor of a growing and thriving firm.
As a legal assistant or paralegal, you will
- Love working with people
- Document drafting using Wealth Counsel or Lawgic
- Take initiative and be laser-focused on detail
- Have great opportunities to learn and grow and appreciate coaching and development discussions
- Will enjoy working in a firm that is committed to continuous improvement
- Use your listening skills and empathy as you help clients through some of the most difficult life stages of aging and incapacity
- Draft probate and guardianship pleadings and correspondence
- E-file documents
- Calendar and manage deadlines; maintain attorney's calendar and schedule client appointments and hearings
- Interact with clients, fiduciaries, and opposing counsel. You must be a people person!
- Draft and revise estate planning documents
- Gather and organize documents for estate planning and probate matters
- Organizes files and estate planning binders (we are mostly paperless but some things require paper)
- Perform various administrative tasks such as scanning and printing
- Basic file and case management
- You have good tech skills, i.e., cloud-based software, and experience with Windows O/S. Our firm uses Clio, GSuite, Dropbox, Adobe Acrobat Pro, Microsoft Office (or WordPerfect), Florida e-filing system, and WealthCounsel. Preference is given to those with a probate, guardianship, and estate planning background
- You must be detail-oriented. Yes, I’ve already said that, but it bears repeating. Attention to detail is a critical component of this job. Also, while much of our work is not time-sensitive, some of it is and we need some flexibility to achieve deadlines
- Are you ready to unlock YOUR potential and grow with our firm? We look forward to seeing your resume and a cover letter. In the first paragraph of your cover letter, tell us why this job interests you. In the second paragraph, tell us what skills and qualities you bring that will add value. You must be willing to undergo a criminal background check and drug testing
$45,000 - $60,000 commensurate with experience
About Sherri M. Stinson, P.A.
We are a young and fast-growing firm. Our estate planning firm exists to help people take care of their affairs before they die so that their families don’t have a mess to clean up. We take pride in treating our clients like family and helping them protect their legacy and in treating our clients and staff well and rewarding their hard work and dedication. Our core values are honesty, commitment to our clients, and creating value. We have a passion for helping people plan for the unexpected so that their lives and families are not left in chaos when the unexpected happens.
Benefits include paid time off. YOU MUST BE LOCAL. No out-of-state applicants will be considered. PTO accrues after completing a 90-day new hire development plan.