FordHarrison LLP, a national labor and employment law firm, is seeking an experienced litigation secretary for its Orlando office. The secretary provides direct support to a team of attorneys involved in employment-related litigation before administrative agencies and state and federal courts. The secretary assists attorneys in the delivery of quality legal services to clients, performs complex and specialized legal tasks, and works collaboratively and cooperatively with others in a team-oriented environment. This position supports a group of attorneys as a primary assignment and also provides back-up assistance to others as assigned.
- Maintains a high level of awareness and protection of confidential information. Handles office correspondence and administrative tasks such as answering phone calls; attorney compliance requirements; communicating with clients, court clerks, and outside vendors; responding to emails; and routinely reviewing and following up on client deadlines and calendar appointments
- Assists attorneys in all phases of litigation discovery process; helping attorneys prepare for hearings, arbitrations and trials. Performs bates numbering and redacting, and e-files documents with various courts
- Anticipates the needs of assigned attorneys in order to promote efficiencies (i.e., prepares materials for meetings in advance). Processes monthly expense reports, and upon request, accurately enters, reviews and revises timekeeper time entries
- Accurately formats and proofreads legal documents for grammatical, typographical or spelling errors, and completeness prior to distribution or filing
- Maintains and organizes physical and electronic files. Follows the standard naming and profiling conventions when scanning, emailing, and saving documents to the document management system. Maintains attorney specific case lists, charts, and status of cases and outcomes
- Exhibits good judgment and organizational skills to receive, record and disseminate all information on behalf of clients and assigned attorneys (e.g., mail, interoffice mail, email, etc.)
- Coordinates meeting arrangements (i.e., arbitrations, depositions, mediations, etc.)
- Oversees the conflict check and client intake process for new matters
- Completes assigned tasks as expected. Able to juggle multiple assignments and/or deadlines while maintaining a professional demeanor and timely seeks assistance when needed
- Develops, implements, and maintains systems to promote organization and efficiency
- High school diploma or equivalent is required; associate or bachelor’s degree is a plus
- Minimum four years of solid litigation experience including Florida and Federal Rules of Civil Procedure
- Must be able to accurately type at least 65 WPM
- Intermediate to advance skills in the use of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook), time entry and e-Filing, and knowledge of the firm’s document management system (FileSite) is preferred
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills, and strong writing/grammar skills. Demonstrated understanding of correct grammar, spelling, and punctuation
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines with quick turnaround times
- Maintains a positive, “can-do” attitude when dealing with clients, co-workers, and attorneys. Contributes to an atmosphere of teamwork and congeniality. Manages multiple assignments and/or deadlines while maintaining a professional demeanor
- Proven organizational skills, highly dependable, initiative, flexibility, resiliency, and a pleasant disposition are essential attributes for this position
FordHarrison LLP is an equal opportunity employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. FordHarrison LLP complies with all federal, state, and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every state in which the firm has offices.
About FordHarrison LLP
FordHarrison combines skilled lawyers, a national presence, a unique commitment to client service, and strong programs of diversity and mentoring, to create one of the leading law firms in the nation. We have nearly 200 lawyers in 29 offices across the country, including three affiliate offices. Adhering to the principles of the FH Promise, our attorneys strive to provide clients with sound legal advice, practical counseling, and excellent client service.