Absolute Law Group
We’re seeking a sharp legal assistant for our busy law firm who can help our attorneys and paralegals assist our clients and keep the office running smoothly. Although this role sits at the front desk in our Ocala office, you will not be bored in this, job as this role is includes both funding coordinator and legal assistant responsibilities.
You’ll work with the team to prepare a variety of legal documents, and handle office correspondence like answering emails and phone calls, you may schedule meetings in response to a phone call (though you are secondary on the phones), and your magic is in follow up with clients to obtain and compile required information. If you’re an excellent multitasker who thrives in a fast-paced environment, we want to hear from you!
- Serve as back up to Abby Connect, sitting at front desk and answer client calls.
- Greet clients who come to our office for appointments.
- Work with clients and attorneys to complete the estate administration process, including: probating estates, preparing legal documents for attorney review, entering information into My Case, gathering decedent’s asset information, and communicating with the Department of Public Welfare, all following the firm’s procedures.
- Compile and prepare asset lists and follow up with clients to obtain needed information.
- Perform records research online and at courthouses, including but not limited to researching deeds.
- Record documents at the county courthouse as well as at the Department of State, IRS, the Office of Veteran’s Affairs, and the Department of Public Welfare.
- Organize, maintain, and search for hard copy and electronic files as requested by attorneys or other staff.
- Attend appointments with attorneys and interact with clients and referral sources serving as a witness and/or notary during appointments.
- Prepare and proofread correspondence.
- Provide weekly status reports/updates on all assigned files.
- Perform general operational tasks including but not limited to answering the phone and forwarding messages, copying, scanning, mailings and postage, assisting drop-in clients, filing paperwork, handling voice mail messages, etc., all according to firm policies and procedures.
- Track all time worked and enter time daily into MyCase.
- Maintain confidentiality of all client and personnel matters pursuant to the firm’s confidentiality policy.
- Proficient with MS Office products
- Must be able to prioritize tasks with demanding deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment
- High school diploma or equivalent is required; associate’s degree is a plus
- Excellent client service, communication and interpersonal skills
- High follow through skills with ability to track and stay on top of multiple deadlines
- Not afraid to be on the phones speaking with clients and/or picking up the phone to follow up with a client on required information
- Ability to use Excel proficiently
- High level of accountability and honest to a fault
- Able to track and enter time daily into MyCase and learn how to use MyCase effectively, as this is our case management system
- Takes initiative to learn and do their best work each day; no drama needed
- Creative problem-solver who offers solutions and is proactive
- Strong knack for details... loves them in fact!
$18-$22/hour depending on experience
About Absolute Law Group
Absolute Law Group is a boutique law firm specializing in elder law. We have 3 offices in Central Florida- The Villages, Ocala and Citrus County, but serve clients all over the state.