The Nieves Law Firm, APC
Our Oakland law firm is small enough that everyone is a critical part of the team, yet big enough to offer the security you want. Work where you personally know the managing attorney and have daily interaction with the clients we serve. There is room for advancement for the right candidate so we are seeking employees who are committed to growing with the firm and who believe in longevity in their positions. The culture in our firm is important to our staff and our clients - we need team players who are prepared to work hard to fight for the rights of others.
The ideal candidate will be eager to learn, high energy, and ready to dive right in. This is a fast-paced firm that requires relentless, tenacious, reliable and organized employees.
- Create new case files and ensure that the file remains organized and updated
- Interact with the clients, courts, and administrative agencies on a daily basis
- File and serve documents (in person, electronically, by mail) and submit proofs of service
- Maintain the office calendar and schedule appointments
- Draft basic legal forms and documents for attorney review
- Assist the attorneys with preparing files for court and maintaining client case files
- Answer incoming calls and place outgoing calls to clients, potential new clients, and various agencies
- Show up on time with a positive attitude
- Quickly move tasks through the pipeline
- Assist with all administrative tasks in the office as needed
- A minimum of 1-year experience in a criminal law office and familiarity with legal terminology and judicial council forms are required
- To be a key player on the team you must be dependable, punctual, computer literate, a fast typist, and have a great attitude
- You must have excellent communication skills and pay attention to detail
- You must complete projects within the assigned deadlines
- Exhibit the highest level of dependability when it comes to tracking and meeting deadlines
- The ideal candidate must be proficient in Word, Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint, Lexis Nexis and Mac Operating Systems
- Experience with online case management systems or client relationship management systems is preferred
- This position requires a high school diploma and some college or vocational training plus hands-on experience
- Spanish speaking required
$16.50 - $18.50 hourly
About The Nieves Law Firm, APC
At The Nieves Law Firm, we take the criminal out of criminal defense - our mission is to restore the reputation of individuals who have been accused of crimes and help them plan for a better future.
Our firm has been named as the 12th fastest-growing law firm in the nation by Law Firm 500. Our managing attorney has been named a Northern California Rising Star Super Lawyer every year since 2016 and The Nieves Law Firm has also been recognized as one of the fastest-growing companies run by Florida State University Alumni.
We attribute our success to our belief in our core values of Truth, Restoration, Action, Compassion, and Knowledge and we are looking for team members who will be able to uphold the same values and provide excellent service to our clients.