The Miller Law Group
We’re seeking a skilled and experienced paralegal to support our growing legal team. The ideal candidate for this position will use their work experience and organizational skills to prepare and maintain legal documents, file motions, interview clients, and conduct legal research. If you’re looking to fill an invaluable position at a firm and love helping others, apply today.
- Draft subpoenas and coordinate with process servers
- Help lawyers prepare for trial by preparing and organizing exhibits, assisting with client meetings, filing motions, conducting research on legal articles, and organizing and coordinating witnesses
- Perform administrative duties such as answering phone calls and keeping our case filing system organized so all documents are readily accessible
- Prepare legal documents, correspondence, and pleadings such as complaints, interrogatories, subpoenas, deposition notices, pretrial orders, legal briefs, and affidavits, under the supervision of a lawyer
- Gather information about legal issues from the client in interviews
- Talented communicator and writer
- Must have completed an ABA-approved paralegal certificate program such as an Associate’s degree or proprietary school program in paralegal studies, Bachelor’s degree desired
- Strong preference for candidates who have completed a paralegal professional certification or have an advanced paralegal education
- Excellent organizational skills, and time-management skills
- 3 years of experience in legal services under an attorney or lawyer in a law firm setting
About The Miller Law Group
We are a family law firm on a mission to change how people divorce and help them divorce with dignity. The firm was founded in 1998 and we are not built like a traditional family law practice. Our legal team respects the parties involved in a family law matter and strives to alleviate stress and agony rather than fan the flames of discord. We are dedicated to putting the needs of children first. Our lawyers use tools such as Collaborative Law and mediation to empower our clients as we work towards solutions.
For details about the firm, check us out here: www.miller-law.com.