Law Office of Gilda McDowell
We are looking for an experienced legal assistant who can help the busy attorneys and paralegals at our law office assist our clients. You’ll be responsible for managing office correspondence, including answering phone calls and emails, arranging meetings and travel, and ensuring our legal team is aware of upcoming deadlines. You’ll also assist with preparing legal documents and contracts, and perform any other tasks as needed to ensure our firm is operating efficiently. If you work well in a fast-paced environment and consistently deliver a high-quality work product, reach out to us today!
- Complete legal research as needed under the supervision of attorneys and paralegals
- Undertake other duties as needed to ensure the firm operates efficiently
- Manage office correspondence and administrative tasks such as answering phone calls, communicating with opposing attorney offices, taking dictation, responding to emails, and reminding the team of upcoming deadlines
- Translation of Documents either from Spanish to English or vice versa and answer a high volume of calls from Spanish-speaking clients
- Must be able to prioritize tasks with demanding deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable working with all Microsoft Office products
- 1-2 years of prior experience in a law firm environment as a secretary or administrative assistant
- Some college is preferred; high school diploma or equivalent is required
- Applicants must be able to type 50 words per minute or faster
About Law Office of Gilda McDowell
We help our clients in an extremely emotional process and we want our staff to show them that we really cared and fought for them, so if you are not passionate about helping people or you don’t believe in helping the immigrant community, this job is not for you. We are changing people's lives by helping fix their immigration status, so they can work in live in this country without fear. You can help us make a difference in our clients' lives by joining our team! We have an outstanding company culture!
We work hard, but only 9:00-5:00, and no weekends! We offered paid time off and health insurance!