Attorney Sharon Jackson, LLC
We currently have two remote legal assistants but need to add one on-site person. Our busy legal firm is looking for an efficient, organized legal assistant to help our attorneys and paralegals assist clients and ensure we’re operating efficiently. You’ll assist with scanning and e-filing legal documents, and handle all office correspondence including answering phone calls and emails, arranging meetings, and reminding the team of upcoming deadlines. If you have experience in a law firm environment, work well under pressure, and are looking for a rewarding opportunity in the legal industry, we want to connect with you.
- Read and respond to emails.
- Assist clients with signing documents.
- Scan and re-name incoming mail.
- Prepare outgoing mail and correspondence.
- Work with attorneys and paralegals to create various legal documents, including pleadings, motions, subpoenas, affidavits, contracts, and briefs for case preparation, and proofread documents when requested
- Accept other administrative tasks as needed to assist the team and ensure the firm runs smoothly
- Arrange travel, schedule meetings and appointments for the team, such as depositions, and coordinate with outside vendors for events
- Adhere to strong Covid-19 Safety policies
- At least 1-2 years of previous experience in a law firm setting performing administrative tasks
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced environment and meet deadlines with quick turnaround times
- Some knowledge of legal software, case management, and docketing programs
- Candidates should be able to type at least 50 words per minute
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required; an associate’s degree is a plus
- Proficient with MS Office products
- Candidates should have strong organizational skills and communication skills
- Strong common sense and basic business knowledge (how to use a copy machine, answer phones, and communicate)
- Superior work ethic, strong attendance, and timely arrival each day - old fashion work ethic
- Cultural fit - perform work on time and accurately and provide excellent customer service, flexible, willing to do any job, work until the job is completed (no clock punchers)
- Honest and trustworthy
$10 - $20 hourly
About Attorney Sharon Jackson, LLC
Small family law firm. Strong Covid-19 safety policies. Onsite and remote work required. High-Speed internet connection at home and secure, private work area at home. Excellent benefits (medical, dental, vision, 401k, PTO) and opportunity for growth. This is a fast-moving work environment that requires the ability to think and move quickly and to multitask. We have old school, old-fashion work values, a non-office politics team, and high-tech tools and equipment. You are seeking high confidence without big egos.