Hooks Meng & Clement
Our busy law firm is in search of a Legal Assistant to join our growing team. Legal Assistants support our attorneys in achieving our strategic goals and will support 1-2 attorneys.
- The Legal Assistant will be responsible for supporting attorneys by performing a variety of administrative duties.
- Strong communication skills are required for frequent interaction with court personnel, opposing counsel, and clients.
- The candidate must be detail-oriented.
- Have strong organizational skills.
- Able to work as part of a team.
- Able to prioritize work effectively.
- Requires high school diploma or GED at an absolute minimum
- Associate Degree or higher preferred
- Experience in the legal industry is highly desired
- Familiarity with legal documents and terminology
- Ability to provide excellent customer experience, utilizing strong customer service, personal and communication skills
- We expect you to be proficient in the use of standard office software including email, web browsers, billing software, Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint)
- As we are largely paperless, you will need to understand how to work in a digital environment with PDFs and other digital file formats
- Typing speed of at least 50 wpm with a high rate of accuracy
- Able to effectively prioritize and meet deadlines
- Courteous and professional demeanor
- Able to work as a team with attorneys
- May require valid driver's license
About Hooks Meng & Clement
Hooks Meng & Clement PLLC is a full-service law firm specializing in industrial relations including corporate workers' compensation, insurance defense, OSHA, and lobbying services. We are a fast-growing, medium-sized law firm. There are excellent opportunities for growth!