MACK LAW OFFICES
MACK LAW OFFICE has a well-earned & established reputation as one of Pennsylvania's most effective criminal defense firms for the past 38+ years LOCATED IN KINGSTON, PA.
We are expanding and seeking a Criminal Defense Legal Secretary/Paralegal with 2+ plus years of CRIMINAL DEFENSE experience. The ideal candidate is a motivated self-starter who is proficient and familiar with criminal defense practice.
- Must be a team player and comfortable in being able to thrive in a fast-paced setting with a diverse clientele.
Responsibilities of a Criminal Defense Legal Secretary/Paralegal include:
- Answer and route incoming telephone calls. Liaison between attorney and clients and courts, state agencies and other parties, Review, screen and distribute incoming mail.
- Prepare/revise case-related pleadings and correspondence. Proofread documents, Prepare exhibits, court documents, subpoenas, witness fees, and ensure timely handling/filing.
- Coordinate and schedule case preparation for meetings, hearing dates, and conference calls with clients, court personnel, opposing parties and witnesses,
- Maintain all calendars, responsible for all in-take of mail and to disperse accordingly daily
- Input required data entry and retrieval for client case management, including critical deadlines.
- Ensure client billing is accurate, timely sent, and revenue timely collected.
- Various office and client filing, including paper and electronic filing, maintaining small office equipment and inventory
- Maintain client confidentiality.
- Must be able to effectively multi-task.
Requirements of a Criminal Defense Legal Secretary/Paralegal include:
- 2+ years of criminal defense experience
- Knowledge of court rules and e-filing systems, calendaring
- Strong Word, QuickBooks, Mac Computer Experience, PA Web Portal knowledge,
- Remote meeting platforms
- Experience handling continuance request, expungement, and motions
- Knowledge of local courthouse affiliates especially within Luzerne and Lackawanna Counties
- Motivated self-starter
- Spanish speaking and bilingual a plus
Benefits of a Criminal Defense Legal Secretary/Paralegal include:
- Health Insurance
- Annual Bonus
- Salary may be an option for the right candidate
Job Type: Full-time
Hourly Pay: $15.00 - $21.50 per hour * Salary options after probationary period
We practice Covid prepared! We practice safety distancing, have plexiglass barriers, wear masks that cover our nose and mouth, installed anti-virus air purification systems, UVC bathroom air sanitizers, touchless hand sanitizers & temperature checks daily
- Work with lawyers to prepare for trial by conducting research on legal articles, preparing and organizing exhibits, organizing and coordinating witnesses, filing motions, and assisting with client meetings
- Take care of administrative tasks such as answering phones and maintaining an organized filing system for all legal documents
- Draft subpoenas and coordinate with process servers
- Prepare legal documents, correspondence, and pleadings such as complaints, interrogatories, subpoenas, deposition notices, pretrial orders, legal briefs, and affidavits, under the supervision of a lawyer
- Conduct interviews with clients to gather information about their legal issues
- Talented communicator and writer
- Excellent organizational skills, and time-management skills
- Strong preference for candidates who have completed a paralegal professional certification or have an advanced paralegal education
About MACK LAW OFFICES
Exclusively dedicated to Criminal and DUI DEFENSE 38+ years.