Do you want to help people plan and secure their legacy for future generations?
We are an entrepreneurial Estate Planning and Elder Law firm that is on track for aggressive growth, and we need an experienced legal assistant/paralegal to join our team and work directly with the owners and attorneys to support the team and help our clients.
We want to be known for helping our clients achieve peace of mind through planning, and helping them through what can be an emotional process, feeling as though they are in a better position, and that they had a team behind them that really cared and fought for them. We are growing fast, and we need a paralegal who can hit the ground running.
- Perform administrative duties such as answering phone calls and keeping our case filing system organized so all documents are readily accessible
- Hold client interviews to gather information about their legal problems
- Coordinate law office activity, including the drafting subpoenas and coordinating with process servers
- Assist lawyers in preparing legal documentation, pleadings, and correspondence including correspondence such as interrogatories, subpoenas, deposition notices, complaints, pretrial orders, legal briefs, and affidavits
- Aid lawyers in trial preparation by preparing and organizing exhibits, organizing and coordinating witnesses, conducting research on legal articles, and assisting with client meetings and filing motions
- Must have great time-management skills, and organizational skills
- 3+ years of legal service experience under an attorney or lawyer in a law firm setting
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- ABA-approved paralegal certificate program such as an Associate’s degree or proprietary school program in paralegal studies, Bachelor’s degree desired
- Strong preference for candidates who have completed a paralegal professional certification or have an advanced paralegal education
$18 - $20 hourly
About Marsden Law
Marsden Law is a fast-growing firm that does things differently. We believe in a coordinated and comprehensive approach to planning. We speak "investments" fluently through our affiliated investment practice. We are able to solve issues for clients on multiple levels and offer a number of one-stop solutions that come from a wide range of unique options. We are deeply committed, and as a result of our success, we are looking to take our client experience to the next level with a number of strategic hires to better serve our clients and their families.