The McShane Firm
We are looking for a legal assistant or paralegal who can help the busy attorneys at our law office assist our clients. You’ll be responsible for managing office correspondence, including answering phone calls and emails, arranging meetings and travel, and ensuring our legal team is aware of upcoming deadlines. You’ll also assist with preparing legal documents and contracts, and perform any other tasks as needed to ensure our firm is operating efficiently. If you work well in a fast-paced environment and consistently deliver a high-quality work product, reach out to us today!
- Work with attorneys and paralegals to create various legal documents, including pleadings, motions, subpoenas, affidavits, contracts, and briefs for case preparation, and proofread documents when requested
- Perform legal research, as needed, with help from attorneys and paralegals
- Accept other administrative tasks as needed to assist the team and ensure the firm runs smoothly
- Take care of administrative tasks and office correspondence by answering phone calls and emails, communicating with opposing attorney offices, taking dictation, and informing the team of upcoming deadlines
- Ensure client billing is processed properly using daily time records with assistance from the accounting department
- Coordinating of scheduling, including handling conflicts, changes and notifying the attorney to potential future conflicts
- Must be able to prioritize tasks with demanding deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to comfortably use all Microsoft Office products
- Organizational skills and communication skills are necessary for this position
- Strong customer service skills and ability to work in a team environment
$31,000 - $36,000 yearly
About The McShane Firm
The McShane Firm represents the citizen accused of a crime by the government. From summary offenses to the death penalty, we have represented 1,000s of citizens over our 15 years. We are passionate about what we do. People come to us when they cannot lose.
We are not a cookie cutter firm. We are looking for non-cookie cutter team players. We are looking for people who want to be the very best and join the very best. In this exciting role, you will be mentored and crafted to be the best that you can be.