Law Office of Lena A Clark LLC
The Law Office of Lena A. Clark is seeking a detail-oriented go-getter and a problem-solver for a position as a Legal Assistant for our busy Estate Planning and Probate law firm in Frederick, Maryland. We are a small law firm and looking for a candidate who has a great deal of attention to detail, good spelling, is able to follow specific instructions, and can figure things out with minimal hand-holding.
- Serve as the backbone to our operation by providing support to team members as needed.
- Participate in Estate Planning and Probate document drafting.
- Orchestrate signings of Estate Planning documents.
- Maintain attorney calendar and email inbox.
- Draft and Explain retainer agreements for new clients, and processing payment.
- Submit Probate filings to the courthouses.
- Open and close client files.
- Manage client information and organize client files.
- Maryland Notary Public designation is highly desired and will be required to obtain (very easy and we will reimburse for training course)
Who are we looking for?
- Someone who wants to work in the heart of downtown Frederick and sees themselves doing this type of job long-term with an opportunity to grow.
- We are an Apple-based office, so you will need to know how to navigate and troubleshoot a Mac computer without needing the assistance of others. We use a lot of technology, so it is essential that you can use and learn technology quickly in an independent manner.
You are welcome to apply here but this is how you can immediately stand out from the crowd:
- Prepare a cover letter with no more than TWO paragraphs and a closing sentence. In the first paragraph describe your legal assistant/other office experience and how technologically savvy you are (especially with Apple products). In the second paragraph, explain your ties to Frederick, and where you see yourself in 5 years. As a closing sentence, please write, “I have read the instructions contained in the job posting and have followed the instructions.”
- Email your resume and cover letter in PDF format to admin at lenaclarklegal dot com. The subject line of the email should be your last name (all caps), followed by the position you are applying for in lower case, followed by one word that you would use to describe yourself in all caps (for example, SMITH legal assistant AWESOME).
$35,000 - $40,000, depending on experience
About Law Office of Lena A Clark LLC
The Law Office of Lena A. Clark, LLC is about to celebrate its eight-year anniversary. We are three-year finalists in the Frederick News-Post's annual Best of the Best competition for the best Estate Planning Attorney and best Estate Planning law firm and were honored to receive a Law Firm 500 award as one of the fastest-growing small law firms in the United States. We currently have two attorneys and several support staff, and we continue to hire and grow.