The Thomas Law Office PLC
This is a fast-paced business litigation environment and the ideal candidate is hard-working, independent, and can work under pressure and multi-task. The position is as challenging as it is rewarding, and is ideal for a go-getter who is very organized, has impeccable spelling and grammar, and has a strong work ethic.
- Copy, scan and organize legal materials, case filings, correspondence, and office documents.
- Work with attorneys to format and file documents, exhibits, pleadings, and briefs relating to court hearings, trials, appeals, and various motions.
- Docket and calendar management, schedule meetings, reserve conference rooms, and arrange for video teleconferences.
- Communicate status updates to current clients and answer routine client questions.
- Order office supplies and oversee day-to-day office administration and management tasks.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Associate and one year of experience working as a legal assistant in a law office preferred.
- Computer Skills: Ability to perform standard functions in software applications such as Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel databases, Adobe Acrobat, One Drive, and specialized office systems. Knowledge of Lexis Nexis and Clio is a plus.
- Communication Skills: Excellent written and oral communication skills when interacting with clients, court personnel, clerk's office, and other individuals.
- Professionalism: Ability to work and interact professionally and effectively with others, meet established deadlines, and work in a high-intensity litigation environment.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task, be flexible, think on your feet, and make decisions based on good common sense.
- Ability to closely follow established policies and procedures.
- Ability to learn from constructive feedback.
- Ability to genuinely connect with clients and potential clients.
- Ability to deal with the occasional difficult individual, with grace and professionalism.
- Familiarity with business litigation is a plus, but not required.
About The Thomas Law Office PLC
Our attorneys have been recognized by their peers for their professional achievement and excellence. Our team has expertise in non-solicitation agreements, non-compete agreements, breach of contract issues, and commercial landlord/tenant issues in Fairfax, VA, and the greater Washington, DC area.