We’re seeking a sharp legal assistant for our busy law firm who can help our attorneys and paralegals assist our clients and keep the office running smoothly. You’ll work with the team to prepare a variety of legal documents, and handle office correspondence like answering emails and phone calls, scheduling meetings and travel, and reminding the team of upcoming deadlines. If you’re an excellent multitasker who thrives in a fast-paced environment, we want to hear from you!
- Work with attorneys and paralegals to create various legal documents, including pleadings, motions, subpoenas, affidavits, contracts, and briefs for case preparation, and proofread documents when requested
- Accept other administrative tasks as needed to assist the team and ensure the firm runs smoothly
- Ensure client billing is processed properly using daily time records with assistance from the accounting department
- Perform legal research, as needed, with help from attorneys and paralegals
- Schedule meetings and appointments for the team, such as depositions, make travel arrangements, and coordinate with outside vendors for events
- Prepare reports and legal documents
- Calendar and monitor deadlines
- eFile on ICCES
- Process and organize documents
- Candidates must have worked with legal software, case management, and docketing programs
- Some college is preferred; high school diploma or equivalent is required
- Comfortable working with all Microsoft Office products
- Candidates should be able to type at least 50 words per minute
- Applicants must have excellent communication skills and organizational skills
$35,000 - $50,000 yearly
About Halligan LLC
Halligan LLC exclusively practices Family Law. While many firms have several areas of focus, we believe that by being a Jack-of-all-Trades the attorney is an Expert-at-None.
We purposely maintain a smaller than average caseload for our attorneys so that we can be more effective at identifying all the important details about each client's matter that could otherwise be missed in the rush of deadlines that is so common when carrying a heavier caseload.
Our experience with complex and nuanced issues such as UCCJEA, hidden assets, receiverships, and business interests in divorce set us apart from other Family Law firms.
Employees are able to grow and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment where recognition for individual achievements is valued and ongoing opportunities for growth through coaching and leadership abound.