We’re seeking a sharp legal assistant for our busy law firm who can help our attorneys and paralegals assist our clients and keep the office running smoothly. You’ll work with the team to prepare a variety of legal documents, and handle office correspondence like answering emails and phone calls, scheduling meetings and travel, and reminding the team of upcoming deadlines. If you’re an excellent multitasker who thrives in a fast-paced environment, we want to hear from you!
- Take care of administrative tasks and office correspondence by answering phone calls and emails, communicating with opposing attorney offices, taking dictation, and informing the team of upcoming deadlines
- Conduct legal research, when necessary, with guidance from attorneys and paralegals
- Use daily time records to properly process client billing with support from the accounting department
- Accept other administrative tasks as needed to assist the team and ensure the firm runs smoothly
- Assist with the creation of various litigation documents, including pleadings, motions, subpoenas, affidavits, contracts, and briefs for case preparation, and proofread documents a needed
- Prepare reports and legal documents
- Calendar and monitor deadlines
- eFile on ICCES
- Process and organize documents
- At least 1-2 years of previous experience in a law firm setting performing administrative tasks
- Candidates must have worked with legal software, case management, and docketing programs
- Organizational skills and communication skills are necessary for this position
- High school diploma or equivalent is required; associate’s degree is a plus
- Comfortable working with all Microsoft Office products
- Experience with legal software, legal case management, and docketing procedures
$35,000 - $50,000 yearly
About Halligan LLC
Halligan LLC exclusively practices Family Law. While many firms have several areas of focus, we believe that by being a Jack-of-all-Trades the attorney is an Expert-at-None.
We purposely maintain a smaller than average caseload for our attorneys so that we can be more effective at identifying all the important details about each client's matter that could otherwise be missed in the rush of deadlines that is so common when carrying a heavier caseload.
Our experience with complex and nuanced issues such as UCCJEA, hidden assets, receiverships, and business interests in divorce set us apart from other Family Law firms.
Employees are able to grow and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment where recognition for individual achievements is valued and ongoing opportunities for growth through coaching and leadership abound.