SUL LEE LAW FIRM, PLLC
Legal Assistant - Korean Speaker Preferred
Dallas based Business Transaction and Litigation and Transaction Law Firm is seeking a Korean speaking legal assistant/paralegal to support our senior attorney and managing attorney. The work includes legal research, filing, organizing/proofreading/formatting legal documents, communication with clients, drafting minor motions and proposed orders, preparing transactional documents and preparing for hearings and trials. The Firm works hard but has a great work-life balance.
Successful candidates will work directly under the direction of our senior attorneys. Must possess strong organizational and communication skills, be detail-oriented, be able to prioritize and multitask, be experienced in Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, and familiar with both Texas State and Federal procedures. We heavily deal with international clients, so a familiarity in dealing with different cultures is a must. We strive to maintain exceptional work products, client communications, and client satisfaction.
We are looking for a paralegal/legal assistant who sees the vision of the firm and works as a team to achieve that vision of representing clients in an honest, practical and a helpful manner. We want candidates with passion and a strong work ethic.
- Document management and calendaring
- Assisting and handling communication with clients in Korean and English
- Preparing legal forms
- Drafting letters and simple court documents
- Drafting documents by customizing standard forms; (contracts, settlement agreements, motion shells)
- Filing with courts
- Prepare for hearings and trials (includes reviewing, organizing and preparing exhibits and hearing folders)
- Handle all administrative features of the litigation and transaction; (including but not limited to: service, subpoenas, deposition preparation)
- Talented communicator and writer
- Candidates should possess high-level organizational skills, and time-management skills
- Candidates who have completed a paralegal professional certification or have advanced paralegal education will receive preference
- 3 years of experience in legal services under an attorney or lawyer in a law firm setting
- Fluent in both Korean and English
- Must possess strong communication and organization skills
- Must be thorough and detail-oriented
- Experience in legal or administrative field is required; Experience as an executive assistant preferred
- Must be comfortable learning new computer software
- Must have a positive attitude
$35,000 - $55,000 yearly
About SUL LEE LAW FIRM, PLLC
We work hard to serve our business clients in all aspects that they need, and we aim to tailor a unique approach for your specific issue.
Our mission is:
- Commitment to Honesty: We commit ourselves to be always honest with our clients, regardless of our firm's personal interest, our client will receive honest and practical legal advice to resolve their legal issues.
- Commitment to Balance: We commit to providing the information, support, and advice so our clients acknowledge the gravity and the importance of their legal issues. Maintaining this "Balance" is key to success. Internally, we commit to making an internal environment that provides support for each staff member's personal, professional, and financial goals.
- Commitment to Giving: Our firm grew in this community and because of this community. We believe we must give back to the community we serve in a meaningful and significant way.