Botto Gilbert Lancaster PC
We’re seeking a skilled and experienced legal assistant to support our growing legal team in our family law department. The ideal candidate for this position will have prior family law or litigation experience and will use their work experience and organizational skills to draft legal documents, maintain attorney calendars, e-file documents, and have excellent client service skills. If you’re looking to fill an invaluable position at a firm, apply today.
- Prepare legal documents, correspondence, and pleadings such as complaints, interrogatories, subpoenas, deposition notices, pretrial orders, legal briefs, and affidavits, under the supervision of a lawyer
- Gather information about legal issues from the client in interviews
- Aid lawyers in trial preparation by preparing and organizing exhibits, organizing and coordinating witnesses, conducting research on legal articles, and assisting with client meetings and filing motions
- Coordinate law office activity, including the drafting subpoenas and coordinating with process servers
- Perform administrative duties such as answering phone calls and keeping our case filing system organized so all documents are readily accessible
- Talented communicator and writer
- Strong preference for candidates who have completed a paralegal professional certification or have an advanced paralegal education
- Excellent organizational skills, and time-management skills
- 2+years of legal experience under an attorney in a law firm setting.
About Botto Gilbert Lancaster PC
Botto Gilbert Lancaster PC is a general practice law firm in McHenry County. Our legal team includes a diverse group of attorneys skilled in handling a wide range of legal matters.