Our busy legal firm is looking for an efficient, organized legal assistant to help our attorneys and paralegals assist our clients and ensure we’re operating efficiently. You’ll assist with the preparation of legal documents, and handle all office correspondence including answering phone calls and emails, arranging meetings and travel, and reminding the team of upcoming deadlines. If you have experience in a law firm environment, work well under pressure, and are looking for a rewarding opportunity in the legal industry, we want to connect with you.
- Be willing to take on any other necessary administrative tasks to help the firm run smoothly
- Ensure client billing is processed properly using daily time records with assistance from the accounting department
- Take care of administrative tasks and office correspondence by answering phone calls and emails, communicating with opposing attorney offices, taking dictation, and informing the team of upcoming deadlines
- Assist with the creation of various litigation documents, including pleadings, motions, subpoenas, affidavits, contracts, and briefs for case preparation, and proofread documents a needed
- Conduct legal research, when necessary, with guidance from attorneys and paralegals
- Minimum 1-2 years of experience in a law firm or office environment as an administrative assistant or secretary
- Applicants must have excellent communication skills and organizational skills
- Able to meet demanding deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Comfortable working with all Microsoft Office products
- Some college is preferred; high school diploma or equivalent is required
- Candidates must have worked with legal software, case management, and docketing programs
- Applicants must be able to type 50 words per minute or faster
$30,000 - $45,000
About Calgary Law
We are a fast-growing dynamic law firm. Our clients tell us repeatedly that we provide a higher level of service, responsiveness, attention to detail, and expertise than they have experienced elsewhere. We pride ourselves on our client-focused service. Our firm transforms lives by creating opportunities for people to live their dreams, expand their businesses, and create a legacy for future generations. We are investing time and energy in building our A-Team.