FordHarrison LLP, a national labor and employment law firm, seeks a full-time litigation assistant for its Berkeley Heights, NJ office. The litigation assistant will provide direct support to attorneys, performing tasks including preparing correspondence, overseeing the conflicts check process for new matters, coordinating meetings, maintaining case files, and e-filing court documents. The litigation assistant also works closely with the attorneys' assigned billing specialist. The ideal candidate is a great communicator, detail-oriented, and has a pleasant disposition. If this sounds like the role for you, apply today!
- Handles office correspondence and administrative tasks such as answering phone calls, communicating with clients, court assistants, and outside vendors; responds to emails, and routinely reviews and follows up on client deadlines and calendar appointments
- Assists attorneys in all phases of the litigation discovery process; helping attorneys prepare for hearings, arbitrations, and trials. Performs bates numbering and redacting, and e-files documents with various courts
- Processes monthly expense reports, and upon request, accurately enters, reviews, and revises timekeeper time entries
- Proofreads court documents and correspondence prior to distribution or filing
- Maintains and organizes physical and electronic files. Maintains attorney specific case lists, charts, and status of cases and outcomes
- Coordinates meeting arrangements (i.e., arbitrations, depositions, mediations, etc.)
- Develops, implements, and maintains systems to promote organization and efficiency
- A positive, “can do” attitude
- Enjoy answering/making phone calls, and communicating with clients
- Excellent interpersonal/communication skills with strong written communication
- Adheres to procedures and protocols, and comfortable taking direction
- Enjoys helping others as well as adapting to changes in workload and job responsibilities
- At least five years of solid experience supporting attorneys
- Proficient in the use of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Ability to work effectively under pressure and meet deadlines with quick turnaround times
- Proven organizational skills, highly dependable, and a pleasant disposition
About FordHarrison LLP
FordHarrison combines skilled lawyers, a national presence, a unique commitment to client service, and strong programs of diversity and mentoring, to create one of the leading law firms in the nation. We have nearly 200 lawyers in 29 offices across the country, including three affiliate offices. Adhering to the principles of the FH Promise, our attorneys strive to provide clients with sound legal advice, practical counseling, and excellent client service.
FordHarrison LLP is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, veteran status, marital status, or any other characteristic protected by law.