Farmer Law PC
Bilingual Legal Assistant
Are you someone who likes organizing closets or tackling an overwhelming project? Are you meticulous and enjoy the thrill and competition of defeating a strict timeline? You may be the perfect fit for our growing firm!
This position must be filled by someone with excellent communication skills.
Our fast-paced Immigration Law Firm in Austin is looking to hire a detail-oriented, efficient, and goal-minded full-time Legal Assistant. We are accepting applications on a rolling basis. This position will assist with Business Immigration petitions. Experience is strongly preferred however a demonstrated work ethic and attention to detail can overcome this requirement.
Our Legal Assistant will interact and build relationships with clients in person and over the telephone, while supporting our team by assisting with legal research, organizing and maintaining our e-filing system, tracking and submitting documents for petitions, and drafting correspondence and legal documents. This position requires a combination of empathy, detail-orientation, organization, and time-management skills. Our Legal Assistant will play an integral role in creating memorable experiences for clients.
This position is full-time. Benefits include paid holidays, paid time off, health insurance coverage, and the option to participate in our retirement savings plan with employer match, once eligible. If you are looking for a high-energy and positive team environment with lots of growth potential, then look no further.
- Provides customer service and responsiveness to firm needs through phone calls, emails, letters, and other communications.
Assists paralegal in the movement of cases with regard to the following tasks:
- Filling out legal forms and assisting clients with filling out forms
- Drafting letters, documents, reports, etc. for attorney review
- Compiling filings for attorney review
- Entry-level research for filings and evidence requests
- Communicating with clients in regard to updates and information gathering
- Updating the case management system and other case tracking platforms
- Manages the oversight of incoming and outgoing mail, and ensures physical and digital files are updated
- Prepares and sends correspondence as directed
- Ensures case files are created, updated, organized, and that physical and electronic files include all relevant materials and information
- Bills and tracks time in Clio actively and accurately
- You should be comfortable with a computer and have excellent spelling and grammar
- Immigration Law is messy, and there is often no right or best answer. Even gathering the information can be difficult. You will need to be creative, organized, and efficient to do your job well
- You will be working on many tasks and cases concurrently, over long periods of time that are on strict timelines. We expect you to keep track of key dates, keep the right people informed, and prioritize your time so that we never miss a deadline
- We all make mistakes, and we allow for that, but a penchant for accuracy and attention to detail are required to avoid mistakes that can cost our clients dearly
- You should treat a client, case, or task at 4:30 pm on Friday with the same care and compassion as one on Monday morning at 9 am
- Our clients are dealing with massive stress and anxiety. You should be empathetic and help put them at ease
$40,000 - $42,500 yearly
About Farmer Law PC
At Farmer Law PC, we provide legal immigration solutions to businesses and corporations throughout the U.S.