Wiggam & Geer
Wiggam & Geer’s Legal Assistant relates well with clients, demonstrates a favorable image of the company, communicates clearly and respectfully, and possess excellent administrative skills.
- Communicate effectively and promptly with clients, external agencies, attorneys, and firm staff.
- Routinely perform a variety of administrative tasks for highly productive legal teams.
- Under the guidance of attorneys, consistently manage and document client-related communication and work according to established systems.
- Regularly assign, create, and monitor client, attorney, and firm calendar items.
- Work efficiently to facilitate workflow, complete tasks accurately, and ensure deadlines are met.
Legal Assistant Responsibilities
- Interact with clients and build relationships with them by phone, email, and in-person, treating clients fairly and consistently.
- Communicate with revenue and administrative agencies under the guidance of attorneys.
- Using legal software and applications, retrieve client tax records and other data, update fields, document case-related communications, and prepare reports.
- Assist with the execution and update, track, and revoke Power of Attorney forms and other tax or legal forms.
- Schedule client calls and meetings, ensuring attorneys’ calendars are accurately maintained and organized, including reminders, appointments, travel, networking events, etc.
- Calculate and document firm and client deadlines, add them to the firm, and applicable attorney calendars.
- Schedule weekly attorneys’ meetings, update case files, and enter meeting billable time and data.
- Finalize attorneys’ legal document drafts for review, signatures, and distribution. Scan, print, and fax documents as directed.
- Conduct legal research, as needed, with guidance from attorneys.
- Coordinate the case closing process.
- Process the firm’s incoming mail, packages, and faxes daily according to a specific process.
- Cover reception desk, following the firm’s policies for calls and guest assistance.
- Prepare and maintain office common areas.
- Perform additional administrative duties as assigned.
- An associate or bachelor’s degree is required. Paralegal certificate preferred.
- Experience in an office environment in an administrative role.
- Attention to detail with outstanding organization and prioritization abilities to work with multiple attorneys, case coordinators, and firm staff to complete daily assignments accurately.
- Effective communicator, verbal and written, to include active listening, problem-solving, and proofreading skills.
- Ability to interact professionally with individuals at all levels of an organization.
- Must be comfortable with various types of software and demonstrate proficiency with MS Office.
About Wiggam & Geer
Who We Are
We are a fast-growing tax and bankruptcy law firm located in Downtown Atlanta. We zealously advocate for our clients against the IRS, Georgia Department of Revenue, and other state revenue agencies while maintaining a reasonable work-life balance. We value integrity and teamwork, and while we have uncompromising standards of care and conduct, we love to have fun and reward our team for a job well done.
What We Have to Offer
- Health insurance
- Group disability and life insurance policy
- 3% 401(k) match
- Profit-sharing plan
- Paid parking or monthly MARTA fare
- Paid time off