Minx Law, PC
We are looking for an experienced legal assistant to support the managing attorney in a busy trademark law practice. The candidate should be available to work between 20-40 hours per week (minimum of 20 hours per week).
This is an in-person position at our office in Santa Monica. Please only apply if you are able to commute to Santa Monica.
You'll be responsible for docketing and following up on deadlines, answering phone calls, drafting emails and correspondence, handling invoices, managing attorney's calendar, and administrative tasks such as scanning documents, sending thank you notes, etc. Other tasks on an as-needed basis to ensure the firm is operating efficiently.
Please be very comfortable with learning and using new types of software (for docketing, case management, and project management).
- Handle office correspondence and administrative tasks such as responding to emails and phone calls, communicating with opposing attorney offices, taking dictation, and letting the team know about upcoming deadlines
- Be willing to take on any other necessary administrative tasks to help the firm run smoothly
- Monitor, record, and docket deadlines using software
- Electronic filing of documents on USPTO and WIPO
- Handle incoming and outgoing invoices
- Manage attorney's calendar and schedule
- Administrative tasks (scanning documents, sending thank you notes, etc.)
- Must be able to type at least 50 WPM
- Ability to comfortably use all Microsoft Office products
- Must be able to prioritize tasks with demanding deadlines and work in a fast-paced environment
- Organizational skills and communication skills are necessary for this position
- Candidates must have worked with legal software, case management, and docketing programs
- At least 1-2 years of previous experience in a law firm setting performing administrative tasks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Professional demeanor
- Comfortable with online research, including on social media platforms
$20 - $25 hourly
About Minx Law, PC
We are a Santa Monica-based intellectual property law firm representing brand owners in industries such as e-sports, entertainment, health and wellness, consumer goods, and software.