Klie Law Offices, PLLC
If you are interested in using your exceptional organizational, planning, and computer skills to be part of a growing law firm, this might be the job for you!
We are seeking a Legal Assistant to serve in the Filing Assistant role and to add to our growing team. Our new team member will be responsible for processing incoming and outgoing mail, faxes, and E-Filings as well as maintaining, updating, and organizing paper and electronic case files. Additionally, our Filing Assistant will play an integral role in creating memorable experiences for our clients in person and over the telephone, while providing excellent support to our team. This position requires empathy, discipline, focus, organization, and attention to detail.
We are looking for a high-level team player with the organizational talent to help us aggressively grow with our business. The person we hire must bring energy, positivity, and a “can-do” attitude to work every day while working in a very dynamic environment. This position will handle important administrative duties related to assisting attorneys and paralegals, customer service, and office management. Must be able to maintain the ability to remain calm and collected in a fast-paced environment in high-pressure situations.
- Maintain organization of documents in the case management system
- Maintain electronic case indexes
- Maintain and organize paper files
- Process and distribute incoming mail, faxes, and e-filings in accordance with the firm’s policy
- Accurately update firm calendars, and deadlines, and apply workflows upon receipt of new information received through incoming mail, faxes, and/or e-filings
- Answer incoming calls, triage or take messages for other staff members in accordance with firm policies
- Greet visitors. Create a positive and professional first impression and make visitors comfortable
- Perform office errands
- Assist other staff and perform general office tasks as directed
- Track time in the case management system
- Provide copies of incoming and outgoing documents to clients
- Identify and assist in resolving scheduling conflicts
We need a competent and professional assistant who:
- Is compassionate, friendly, and smiles when answering the phone and greeting clients.
- Treats callers with respect, does not allow being busy to get in the way of providing good customer service, and makes clients feel like the most important thing.
- Is a team player and will never say “that’s not my job”.
- Adapts to change and embraces growth.
- Is focused and strives to produce high-quality work for our clients.
- Has a good eye for detail and impeccable organizational skills.
- Is able to think outside of the box and has great problem-solving skills.
- Conquers case management systems and the Microsoft Office suite, including but not limited to calendars, e-mail, word processing, and the internet.
- Can change gears quickly while not taking the request for changes personally.
- Understands the importance of entering deadlines and events into the case management system accurately.
- Can deal with a boss who is always busy, might not give much direction, might get distracted by new exciting things, and who hates dealing with admin tasks.
- Is not afraid to point out that you need more training or communication from your boss in order to get your work done.
- Can organize a high volume of documentation.
$27,000 - $33,000
About Klie Law Offices, PLLC
Klie Law Offices, PLLC is a growing litigation law firm that takes pride in helping our clients through difficult times by providing honest and efficient service. Our areas of practice include family, employment, and personal injury. We service clients all over the state of West Virginia. We strive to bring a high level of honest and ethical legal services and strive for client satisfaction.
- We guide families through difficult times to brighter tomorrows.
- We help innocently injured people who suffer harm and losses.
- We help hard workers who have been wrongfully fired put their lives back together.
As part of our compensation package, we offer health, dental, and life insurance, paid holidays, vacation, 401K matching as well as a structured bonus program.