Law Offices of Adam Dayan, PLLC
Professional Legal Administrator (PLA) - Job Description
Law Offices of Adam Dayan, PLLC, located in New York City, is dedicated to transforming the lives of children with special needs. We help children with special needs receive a quality education and long-term financial security.
Our growing law firm is looking for an experienced Professional Legal Administrator (PLA) who will work directly with the Owner to manage the firm’s daily business operations and coordinate administrative projects.
This position provides an opportunity to grow along with the firm. The firm offers competitive pay and benefits including paid time off, health insurance, retirement plan, and profit-sharing. The successful candidate will be part of a dynamic team of caring professionals who are passionate about helping special needs children. Our office is locating in the heart of the Manhattan financial district.
How to Apply
TO APPLY, FOLLOW THE FOLLOWING PROCESS: (We are serious about this. Following instructions is important for a PLA who is supposed to help us streamline our operations and make sure everyone follows the rules.)
Submit a resume and cover letter in PDF format to firstname.lastname@example.org. The cover letter should explain why you would be a great fit for this job AND include your desired salary range. Make sure to address the following in your letter:
- Why are you interested in special education law;
- What skills do you possess that would make you an asset to our firm;
- What about your personality, attitude, and disposition do you believe makes you the right fit for our office culture;
- A description of your experience in recruiting and hiring support staff.
The subject line of the email should say: “PLA – Law Offices of Adam Dayan.”
Duties and Responsibilities
- Works closely with the Owner to create the firm’s business and marketing plans, budget, and strategic calendar
- Recruits hires, onboards, supervise, and manage performance of support staff
- Performs Human Resource functions including personnel file maintenance, benefits administration, payroll management, PTO tracking, and personnel policy implementation
- Coordinates training for support staff and attorneys regarding policies, procedures, and systems use
- Coordinates, monitors, and improves key operating systems (internal policies, external policies, procedures, checklists, templates, examples, scripts, etc.) in direct and close consultation with the Owner
- Ensures firm’s business systems and processes are fully documented and followed
- Documents and monitors flow of work from client intake to billing and collection; takes corrective action as needed to resolve workflow issues
- Manages financial system including time-tracking, billing, trust account management, collections, bookkeeping, expense management, and accounts payable
- Monitors budget variance and cashflow
- Manages the firm’s physical plant including office organization and cleanliness, emergency preparedness, furniture and equipment functionality, computer systems, and phone systems
- Coordinates with the Owner, third party vendors, and/or marketing staff to create and implement marketing and sales strategies
Essential job functions
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Management, or related field
- M.B.A. preferred
- Minimum 3+ years of supervisory experience in a professional services organization
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- On-the-job experience using Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Office 365 as well as bookkeeping, timekeeping, and billing systems
- Experience with recruiting, hiring, performance management, and other human resource functions
- A desire to work with a growing team of legal professionals who are dedicated to helping children with special needs
$120,000 - $140,000 yearly
About Law Offices of Adam Dayan, PLLC
Our team is passionate about helping children with special needs, about collaborating with team members to fulfill a mission that is bigger than ourselves, about achieving professional and personal growth, and about building our law firm so that we can reach as many families as possible. Our team members care about getting to know each other, learning about each other’s interests, celebrating happy occasions, growing together professionally and personally, and helping each other feel supported through difficult times. We care deeply about what our clients are going through and we go overboard to keep clients informed.