Kirsch Daskas Law Group
Professional Legal Administrator/Operations Manager
We are looking for a Law Firm Administrator (PLA). This is a key leadership role that includes strategic planning, oversight, implementation, development, and training of new and current employees, systems, policies, procedures, and overall drive for firm success. The right candidate is someone who has the unique ability to harmoniously integrate the major functions of the business and manage the day-to-day issues that arise. This is an important role, the glue that holds the seven parts of the business together. We are a fast-growing, client-centered criminal law firm in Bloomfield Hills, Michigan growing to over ten million in gross revenue.
In this position, you will work directly with the owner and oversee all operations. The PLA is responsible to lead, manage, supervise, coach, and train the non-attorney staff, ensuring they perform to expectations. The PLA has the authority to hire, supervise and fire non-attorney employees. Recommendations regarding hiring, supervising, and firing of attorneys will be given great weight. The objective of this position is to take the day-to-day tasks off the owners' plate in a skillful and professional manner.
WHY WORK WITH US:
- We provide peace of mind and creative solutions when our clients have the scariest of legal problems
- Firm culture that promotes individual, team, and firm values
- Training and growth opportunities, including quarterly PLA coaching program membership
- Competitive base salary with performance-based bonuses
- Work-Life balance hybrid work opportunities, flexible work schedules,
- Generous medical, dental, vision, HSA, and retirement benefits
- Beautiful new office with all amenities to create an excellent workplace and the ultimate client experience
- We protect what matters most: Liberty, Children and Education
IN THIS ROLE AS A PLA AT KIRSCH DASKAS YOU WILL:
- Be the Visionary/CEO’s sounding board, collaborator
- Convert vision to strategy and oversee the successful, sustained execution of the firm’s business plan
- Integrate major functions within the firm and manage day-to-day operations
- Create, implement, and review all firm systems, procedures, and policies
- Lead, manage, and keep the team focused on reaching KPIs, and hold them accountable
- Be a strong people and culture leader
- Have ultimate ownership of HR, including performance, development, and coaching
- Review current computer systems, software, etc., and make recommendations for upgrades or improvements in legal process management procedures to increase efficiency and productivity and to ensure available software updates are installed as needed.
- Attending all meetings re: marketing, sales, legal production, management, and business development.
- Monitor the workflow pipeline to ensure matters and clients move progressively to established milestones and resolutions in the prescribed amount of time.
- Review Firm SKUs and workflows for efficiency, profitability, and staff capacity (with management team)
- Participate in national and state training and coaching.
Benefits: Health, Vision and Dental Insurance, Health club membership (in the works), retirement plan, HSA and PTO.
- Degree in Management, Business Management, Human Resources, or another related field
- Professional certification in HR (HRI or SHRM)
- Prior experience running a professional services firm or a division of a mid-sized/ large professional services firm
- Pleasant, outgoing personality with strong interpersonal and communication skills who loves working on a hard-working driven team without drama
- Prior experience in a law firm is useful but ONLY applicants with broad-scale operations experience will be considered
- Maintain our no drama, gossip or unprofessional conduct environment by example.
- Law Firm experience is not required
YOU MUST BE ABLE TO PROVE:
- Managing a team of at least 30 and a budget of $10 million
- Enthusiasm in a start-up environment
- Advising and decision-making in a senior management role
- Autonomy hiring, firing, and supervising staff with formal training in federal and Michigan HR law
- Designing and executing business plans strategically and efficiently
- Understanding P&L statements, budgets, pipeline reports, WIP reports and other financial tools to drive the business
- Evaluating and reviewing employees for fit in roles and culture
$85,000 - $105,000 plus quarterly bonuses
About Kirsch Daskas Law Group
Kirsch Daskas Law Group is a boutique criminal defense firm representing adults and juveniles accused of crimes or at risk of losing their liberty or children across the state of Michigan. Our attorneys specialize in client-centered representation using a multi-disciplinary approach to accomplish our clients’ personalized goals. We zealously represent the falsely accused to prevent wrongful convictions and protect innocence. Founded in 1995, experience, integrity, and the courage to protect our client’s rights and ensure justice for the best results is our challenge. https://www.kdlawgroup.com